Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Cube and Navigation Bar blanked

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
970 Views, 8 Replies

View Cube and Navigation Bar blanked

I just installed inventor 2016 on a pc recently upgraded to Windows 10. ost of the program is stored on the E drive since my C drive is a relatively small ssd. I opened Inventor to make sure everything was working properly and start making a model, but then I noticed the top right of the screen where the view cube resides is all greyed out and the background was a seemingly odd color.

I am still very new with navigating Inventor, and I feel like this requires more than just exploring the settings. Anyone else have the same issue under similar circumstances?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
mdavis22569
in reply to: Anonymous

Make sure you're up to date on everything, and check your video card driver.   That doesn't look to be just an Inventor issue you're missing the page icons too. The exit, min' and larger

save.PNG 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
mcgyvr
in reply to: mdavis22569

I second the update your video card driver..

and of course just a reminder that Windows 10 is not supported yet on any versions of Inventor..

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Windows-10-support-for-Au...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Ah. That makes sense. I did go ahead and update my video card drivers just in case, but it hasn't seemed to make any difference. May just be a Windows 10 compatibility issue.

Message 5 of 9
taylor.gonczy

I'm also seeing this exact problem in our environment running windows 7 enterprise. Any luck figuring this out?
Message 6 of 9

To add more information to this - We found that If we go into the Hardware settings and change it to any of the settings (Quality, Performance, or Conservative) and hit apply the view cube appears. If we close Inventor and reopen it we have to repeat this process to have the view cube appear again.

Running the program while logged in as the local administrator account makes the view cube in inventor show up fine and the program functions normally. 

I’ve been searching various forums and everything I’ve come across says Inventor requires the user to have local admin rights for it to work properly. Unfortunately in our environment we can’t grant our students or teachers local administrator access. I was wondering if there’s something in a .config file, registry change, runtime dependancy missing, or permission changes that could fix this for us?

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 7 of 9
mcgyvr
in reply to: taylor.gonczy

Should be some info here taylor..

You don't need to give full admin rights but certain rights must be there for it to work properly...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/restricted-user-inventor-2012/td-p/3080748

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 8 of 9
Robert_Kafka

Hi,

i just had the same error on one of our machines, turned out that all i had to do was to reset the registry entries at

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor

& start it up again to fix it. He had his back when he started Inv up again.

Message 9 of 9
blair

Make sure that you have installed all Service Packs and Updates for IV2016. Windows 10 was released after IV2016 and you will need the SP's and Updates for your product for proper operation.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report