Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault log in and usage

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
187 Views, 1 Reply

Vault log in and usage

How do I create an account with Vault. I have all 2018 products; yet, it states it can't find my data management service. I would like to create an account and use multiple computers to change files and update them on multiple computers at the same time.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jhackney1972
in reply to: Anonymous

A Vault configuration consist of a central Data Management Server that contains a Microsoft SQL database and a filestore.  Once this is established, other workstations running applications, that support the Vault such as Inventor, AutoCAD and the Vault Client, log into the Data Management Server.  Once this is done files can be checked in and out of the Vault as well as many other file services.  A simple layout of this configuration can be found in the PDF attachment.  Most of the time the Data Management Server is located on a separate computer, as indicated in the diagram, but on certain circumstances, it can be located on a workstation.

If this is already done, once you create user accounts, via the Vault Client when logged in as an administrator, you should be able to log into the Data Management Server from any workstation as long as it is on the same sub-net.  In other words, if you can ping the Data Management Server, you can log into it.  If you still cannot log into the Data Management Server, there could be other problems in the setup of Internet Information Services which the communication depends on.

I do not know you situation and at what step in the configuration you are presently at so I can specifically comment on your issue.  I have only presented an overview of what you have to configure to get started.

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report