Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using two axis to angle a part in an assembly.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Forlorn_all_Hope
377 Views, 3 Replies

Using two axis to angle a part in an assembly.

I'm trying to assemble tracks onto a sprocket and to do so I found where the axis of the pins would lie. I placed them all round the sprocket and continued to add the tracks. The issue is once I constrain the first axis, I can't get the second one to constrain creating the needed angle, it just errors out. I found a solution, making a plane between the two axis and constraining the bottom of the track to that, but if at all possible I want to avoid doing so due to wrapping it around the body later.

Axis A on the first track won't constrain to axis A after already being constrained to axis B.Axis A on the first track won't constrain to axis A after already being constrained to axis B.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi, I'm not very clear on what you're trying to do. If you want to restrict axis with axis, you should make sure that the distance between pairs of axes is exactly the same in the components, otherwise it will not let you perform the restriction, if you want to add an angle, maybe you should not do the next axis axis restrictions but otherwise, in any way it would be better if you could share the example, or show some more images to better understand the problem, greetings !!

Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.

I am attaching my Upwork profile for specific queries.

Sergio Daniel Suarez
Mechanical Designer

| Upwork Profile | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Forlorn_all_Hope

Attach assembly with only sprocket and two one links here.

This will be an easy one to solve.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 4
Forlorn_all_Hope
in reply to: JDMather

I actually found another way to do it thanks to YouTube. For some reason it never occurred to me to use pattern... Thanks for the reply though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report