Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded Inventor to 2018 but Vault CC libraries are now not available

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
dsl145
679 Views, 7 Replies

Upgraded Inventor to 2018 but Vault CC libraries are now not available

I've updated our systems from a Vault Pro 2018 | Inventor 2016 setup to 'finally' be a Vault Pro 2018 | Inventor 2018 setup. I've got everything all setup with the styles libraries and the Vault to Inventor link working nicely, but when I go to open the content center files, they are all red/unavailable.

My application options are pointing Inventor to the Vault Server for the CC files (as it was before) and everything else is mapped as it was; is there a migration step that I missed??

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: dsl145

@dsl145

Since Vault is managing your content center libraries you have to follow the steps in the readme file

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-i...

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 8
dsl145
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

What about for custom libraries?

plus, are you saying that I need to detach my existing libraries and attached new 2018 libraries on my ADMS console?? That doesn't sound right.

Message 4 of 8
Mark.Lancaster

@dsl145

Do you have or see the standard read only libraries under the 2018 ADMS console (under the library section)?  Expand that section of the ADMS console and take a screen shot and share.

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 8
dsl145

See attached.

Message 6 of 8
Mark.Lancaster

@dsl145

You said you are using Inventor 2018 as well, correct?

Look at the libraries under that section..  They are all the 2016 version and located on the Inventor 2016 partition and not the 2018 partition, so Inventor 2018 is unable to see those libraries.

Since you can't copy read only provided libraries from one partition to another you have to install the remote 2018 libraries like I indicated.  Then once that's done you will need to right mouse click on your custom 2016 library and copy it to the Inventor 2018 version.   See the migrate custom library in Vault section of this document https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/20...

Mark Lancaster

Message 7 of 8
dsl145

Ok... I've got it all migrated up to 2018. I don't think I needed to download and put in the 2018 content center libraries; halfway through doing it a prompt came up that updated all the database and content centers to 2018... but having the latest version of the remote libraries is probably a good thing anyways.

I'm still not able to see the custom library when I try 'open from content center'. When I click in the projects area, I have a yellow exclamation mark (with nothing explaining what that means). Any thoughts?

Message 8 of 8
dsl145

Nevermind; this post answered my question

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/vault-forum/content-center-libraries-not-available/td-p/7418367

I had already released the project file and the update button on the project file wasn't being shown for that reason.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report