Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update title block insertion point in border

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Myles1
2931 Views, 3 Replies

Update title block insertion point in border

I have an existing border created in Inventor that we have been using for quite some time.  We are making a few adjustments to our drawing style and due to those changes the boundaries of the border have changed a little. Therefore I need the insertion of the title block to change slightly.  I have update the connection point, but I cannot get the title block to "move" to its new location.  I have removed both title block and border and re-inserted both, but the position of the title block does not update.

Any suggestions?

INV2011

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mflayler
in reply to: Myles1

There are two different point types in the sketch.  Use the Insertion Point instead of Connection point.

If that does not solve your issue, attach an image of the issue to provide more clarity.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 3 of 4
Myles1
in reply to: mflayler

That did it, thanks!  I thought I tried that, but must have missed it!

Message 4 of 4
Cadmanto
in reply to: Myles1

I am going to add to this thread because title blocks and drawing formats are not something we all edit on a regular basis.  Having spent the last hour trying to figure out how to get my title block to be inserted in the correct location, after much trial and error finally got it to work.  And the help file was not much use with this I might add.  It took while editing both the border and the title block (different times obviously) adding a point at the insertion location and then depressing the connection point button right after.  Not super clear that  a point has to be placed first before being able to select the connection point.  Once this was done, the title block still did not relocate until I deleted them both and reinserted them into my layout sheet.

I am hoping new users and even those of us that are seasoned (and don't do this operation that often) will find these steps useful.

Now, how to figure out how the title block can be fully constrained and grounded.

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2018

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report