Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Undefined end when sweeping

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
426 Views, 4 Replies

Undefined end when sweeping

I want to make a connection between two surfaces by using the sweep command. The problem is that the final end that is not defined by the sketch is not flat and therefore doesn`t touch the surface. (See the attached photo) As the connection shall simulate a strap for heat conduction it is important that there is contact to the surface.

Thanks for any help!

LowerEnd.PNG

kelly.young has embedded your image for clarity.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: Anonymous

Loft with center path.

Attach your file(s) here if you can't figure it out.

Message 3 of 5
SBix26

Is this a single solid body, or multiple?

If it's a single body, then just extend your path so that the sweep merges entirely into the existing piece.  If the sweep is a new solid, then extend the path far enough to submerge into the other body, then trim it.

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2019.0.0 | Windows 7 SP1
LinkedIn

Message 4 of 5
johnsonshiue

Hi! Another technique I use regularly is to sweep as surface. Then extend the surface to intersect the solid. Lastly, use Sculpt command to join it back to a solid.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 5
kelly.young

Hello @Anonymous I see that you are visiting as a new member to the Inventor Forum.
Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Were you able to figure out how to get the sweep to meet flush to the face?

If you can attach the parts that would be helpful in showing you how to accomplish this. 

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report