Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to export file as .DWG

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ghsit
239 Views, 4 Replies

Unable to export file as .DWG

Hi There, 

I work for a school that uses inventor and the pupils are to export their projects to .dwg files once they are done.

When trying to do this, on a number of the machines - they get the below error and no .dwg file is created.

ghsit_0-1718270366331.png

They use inventor 2024 currently, and we have tried reinstalling Inventor professional 2024 on one of the problematic machines and also tried upgrading to the 2025 version, however this has not been able to fix the issue.

Has anyone had this issue before and know how to solve this?

Any help on resolving this, would be much appreciated. 

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: ghsit

Hi! This is usually related to insufficient user profile privilege or corrupted install or running out of %temp%.

- Right-click on Inventor desktop icon -> Properties -> Compatibility -> check "Run as Admin."

- Or clean up %temp%.

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 5
ghsit
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi There,

Thanks for the reply, however after trying both of these, it has not solved the problem.

Is there anything else you would do, to try and solve this issue?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: ghsit

Hi! I am sorry I am clueless now. Please install Microsoft Process Monitor and record a log when performing DWG Export workflow. Send the log file to me johnson.shiue@autodesk.com. I would like to understand what exactly happened behind the scene when the DWG export failed.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 5
ghsit
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi Johnson,

I reinstalled windows on 1 of the problematic desktops, and that looks to have solved the issue. Thanks for your help with this, nonetheless.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report