Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create iPart. Error received "Failed to Export Desel Table"

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Joseph_Krivanek
321 Views, 12 Replies

Unable to create iPart. Error received "Failed to Export Desel Table"

Hello,

I run into this error "failed to export desel table" when creating an iPart. Error as follows.

Joseph_Krivanek_0-1718889827646.png

Here is my setup: I have Inventor Professional 2022 installed (ver:26.50.52102.0000)and am running in and enterprise environment. 

We are required to use Microsoft O365 for our excel needs and have had no issues with this prior to yesterday. 

I have uninstalled /reinstalled both the inventor package as well as the O365 tools. No change. 

I do have a feeling this is likely a setting in our O365 has changed due to an update but wanted to see if anyone had this experience as well and knew a fix. Plus, I think it will be helpful to others if we post the resolution I find. 

All help appreciated. 

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Hi Joseph,

I would like to confirm that the O365 has local exe files on your machine, not the cloud version. Probably either Inventor isn't registered or O365 isn't registered properly on your machine. Try installing all critical Windows and Office updates. Then start up Inventor -> close. Start up Excel -> close. Reboot the machine.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 13

Hello, 

Thanks for the reply, the O365 should have local .exe files. Excel is down this path:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\EXCEL.EXE"

One additional detail, this is an enterprise installation of O365, also we are on the "government side" of microsoft as we are a government contractor. I have uninstalled reinstalled and our IT has looked at the O365 instance and it seems everything is in order unless it is something we're missing.  Regarding updates to the O365 package, general users don't apply individual updates. These are pushed out to the workstations via the desktop maintenance wing of our IT. So uninstall/reinstall is about all we can do on our end. 

Another note: The Excel seems to be updating to\communicating with Inventor to some degree as I am able to link parameters of a part to an excel table and changes to the table in Excel update to the inventor part.   

Message 4 of 13

Hi Joseph,

I guess this could be due to 32-bit Excel. Please uninstall MS Office and install the 64-bit version. Inventor is a 64-bit app. It works better with 64-bit apps.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 13

I will give that a try and let you know. Thanks!
Message 6 of 13

Message 7 of 13

Uninstalled 32 bit MS Office and installed 64 bit.

Joseph_Krivanek_0-1719931034570.png

Still get this upon attempted iPart creation:

Joseph_Krivanek_1-1719931034436.png

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Message 8 of 13

Hi Joseph,

This could be a user profile or access control issue. Somehow Inventor.exe isn't allowed to access certain files or folders. As a result, the operation fails. Please install Microsoft Process Monitor and record a log. Share the log with me directly johnson.shiue@autodesk.com.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 9 of 13

Attempted to send the log to the johnson.shiue@autodesk.com and it came back as invalid address. 

Here is the log file from Process Monitor It is not in the Native format .PML but .CSV.

I hope this helps

Message 10 of 13

Hi Joseph,

My email address is indeed johnson.shiue@autodesk.com and it is still working. I am not sure why it became invalid. I have edited your reply and removed the log file, since it may contain your personal information (folder path and user name).

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 11 of 13

Hi! I took a quick look at the log file. Excel.exe was launched successfully. This means that Inventor was able to communicate to Excel. I don't understand why the iPart still fails. The log file does not show the failure.

Try running Inventor as admin (right-click on Inventor desktop icon -> Properties -> Compatibility -> check "Run as Admin").

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 12 of 13

I tried running the as Administrator, no change. 

Message 13 of 13

Hi Joseph,

Can a non-Primary Model State be created? What about iAssembly?

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report