Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube & Pipe parameters

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
889 Views, 6 Replies

Tube & Pipe parameters

I have made my own Tube & Pipe Styles with my own parts.

My problem is that the format of the parameter PL (Pipe Lenght) change from value without unit (ex. "100") to value with unit (ex. "100 mm") for pipes I creating by populate a route in Tube & Pipe Environment.

3.Parametrar Content Center genererat rör.PNG

PL parameter for the template that Tube & Pipe are using.

5.Parametrar Tube & Pipe genererat rör.PNG

PL parameter for the created pipe in Tube & Pipe Environment.

It works fine when I create a pipe direct from Content Center but when Tube & Pipe doing it it changes some of the parameters and PL get its unit that I don´t want.

The reason I don´t want the unit after the value is that I want the length without unit in the parts list on my drawing. I use the parameter PL in Dimension property under Custom iProperties. And then the parts list template use the Dimension property as shown in picture below.

4.Part list för Content Center genererat rör.PNG

Correct parts list, the length 200 without unit. This works when I create direct from Content Center.

6.Part list för Tube & Pipe genererat rör.PNG

Wrong parts list, the length 200 with unit. This fails when the pipe is created in Tube & Pipe Environment.

Does anyone have a solution or workaround for this issue?

Many thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

In your custom property format window, for the template, un-check the box that says Unit String.  That SHOULD remove the "mm" from your dimension string in the parts list.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: cbenner

Thanks for your answer but,

I have already done that, the first picture shows the custom property format window, for the template and the unit string is un-checked.

Then when I populate a route in Tube & Pipe Environment which are using that template, my populated pipes have the unit string checked, as we can se in picture two.

And that´s the problem, when Tube & Pipe use my template it changes the parameter PL from value without unit to value with unit.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Here is the file I made my template from.

Message 5 of 7
cbenner

@Anonymous

Sorry for the late reply.

Inventor Tube & Pipe uses a standard template for all piping runs that are generated.  Any changes you want to propagate to your design need to be made in this template.

The file name is "Standard.Tube and Pipe Runs.iam".  I'm not certain of the default path but I think it is:

C:\Users\username (yours)\Documents\Inventor\Templates.  If not there, do a search for it.  Set all of your defaults here, and also this is where you would create Tube & Pipe styles if you want them to be available to all of your new designs.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: cbenner

Hi and thanks for your reply!

I know about "piping runs.iam" and how to set up Tube & Pipe but I had one problem which is described above.

The inventor support helped me with a solution and he told me to write down the solution here.

Message 7 of 7
e123331

Isak

Hi. Could you please write the solution that the support team suggested to you? I have the same problem with the PL parameter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report