Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube & Pipe. Flanged Style

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
470 Views, 3 Replies

Tube & Pipe. Flanged Style

Hello,

Does anyone know why in the style manager under Butt Welded and Flanged mode after choosing pipe component there is no matchning flange component and the same thing if I firstly choose flange component the pipe component is disappeared even when all filter settings are untagged.

While authorising the pipe I set Welded connections and for Flange connections are set Flange and Welded. The nominal size I choose ID.

Are there any other main parameters to link pipe and flange in Style manager?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Its all about the formatting of the components that you publish to content center.  However you have only provided words here and there's not really a lot to go on..  With T&P everything has to line up and if one thing is off, well things like this happen..  Anyhow give us more detials..  Show screen shots of what you're seeing  Make an Autodesk screencast (https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast) of you workflow. 

Tagging @cbenner as well.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

I agree with Mark.  Can you please post some images of your tube & pipe style?  My guess is that you have some differences in the unit formatting of your authored pipe and/or fittings.  Very often, if the unit strings on your authored components don't match exactly, you can see problems like this.  For example (using Imperial units), if you have a pipe conduit family table with the size authored as 1", 2" etc.... and your flanges or elbows or whatever are authored as 1 in, 2 in or just 1, 2 etc... this CAN cause a mismatch and you will not see them when you try to create a tube & pipe style.  This is just one possible cause, so posting a screen shot will help.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: cbenner

Thank you for quick reply.

Yes, It seems like It's very important to have parameter "NominalSize" identical for both iParts to make them linked to each other. After I deleted all members in iPart Flange that have ID parameter not equal to ID parameter of iPart Pipe it made things work. Finally I can create Flanged style.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report