Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube & Pipe - custom fittings and hoses

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Oliver.Douglass
356 Views, 4 Replies

Tube & Pipe - custom fittings and hoses

Hi all,

I'm trying to create custom hoses with custom end connections but have hit a wall. I've created a test .idcl file (attached) which I'm using for now. I'm fairly new to this so any help would be massively appreciated! I am trying to create a hose going from point to point with connections at each end. 

So far I've authored (Image1) and published the hose end connection. With respect to the authoring I've tried different end treatments (hose field & hose permanent), male/female/neutral connections withinthe authoring process. When publishing I can only publish as a 'HOSE'.

I've authored the hose with is an ipart (Image2), when authoring the hose I am using the end treatment as 'Hose Permanent' and again have tried Male/Femal/Nautral for the Connection (Image3). When publishing the part it again only allows me to publish to 'HOSE' which makes sense (Image4). 

When I then go into the Tube&Pipe environment and create a new Flexible Hose style it will allow me to select my start fitting however the results for pipe are blank (Image 5). When I select the hose first (using the same nominal size of 1.5in) it then doesn't allow me to see my hose connection (Image6). 

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I have attached the part files if someone could assist it would make my day!

Thanks,

Oli

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CGBenner
in reply to: Oliver.Douglass

@Oliver.Douglass 

Hello and welcome!  First let me thank you for the very thorough post.  I have everything right here to start to help you out.  Awesome!

I downloaded your part files, and images and started to look them over, and I noticed something right away.  In your images, your hose fitting is authored as 1 in, and the hose as 1.5 in.  It may be that simple, you can't assign different sizes to a T&P Style.  Maybe this was just a typo?

FYI, the hose fitting part you supplied had no authoring on it, which is fine... I just wanted you to know.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 5
CGBenner

@Oliver.Douglass 

Oliver, on further review I found that I could only get things to work together if they were the same nominal size (as metioned above), and in fractional form.  When you are in the T&P Style editor and you have selected a Hose style, the editor puts the nominal style size in Fractional units, so 1 1/2.  When I changed the units on the fitting, and the line item in your iPart tabe for the hose to also be 1 1/2, and then re-published them, I was able to complete the style editing.  All units and unit strings must match all the way through, and it looks like the style editor is dictating fractional units on this type of style.

Chris Benner

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Message 4 of 5
Oliver.Douglass
in reply to: CGBenner

Hi CGBenner,

Thanks for your reply! I have reauthored now after changing the nominal sizes within the table of the hose ipart (Image7) and within the authoring process of the connector (Image8) and then republished however I still have the same issue? 

When creating the styles the hose connection shows 1.5in (Diameter) (Image9) still with no reference to nominal size and the hose connection shows 1 1/2 in now.. Am I missing something?

THnaks,

Oliver

Message 5 of 5
CGBenner

@Oliver.Douglass 

Did you re-publish the hose?

Chris Benner

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report