Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube & Pipe Authoring - Can't find "hose" type

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Lewis.Young
815 Views, 8 Replies

Tube & Pipe Authoring - Can't find "hose" type

Hi All,

I'm trying to author a custom hose style to my read/write library, but when i go to select hose as the type, it's not on the list?

No Hose Type.png

Any help with this would be much appreciated!

Lewis

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

@Lewis.Young

If I remember correctly, its how your hose model is made (structure in browser tree).  Even pipe is not listed in the listing..  @cbenner am I correct or just not this morning?

Update:  See I already approved myself wrong this morning..  Smiley Very Happy  @Lewis.Young have you created an iPart for your hose/pipe part before authoring?  It is required..  Once you do that you'll see the options in that pull-down list.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 9
cbenner
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

@Lewis.Young@Mark.Lancaster

There are also very specific parameters that need to be present in the ipart table for any tube & pipe conduit, whether it is rigid pipe or flexible hose.  Please refer to the >>Handout for my T&P class<< from AU2014, there is a section in there on authoring conduit.  Hopefully it will be of some help.

Good luck!

Message 4 of 9
Lewis.Young
in reply to: cbenner

@cbenner @Mark.Lancaster

I've published the part successfully, however i've come across another small problem...

So i've made a new tube & pipe style that uses the newly published part, but when i populate a route, the resulting hose goes back to default black rubber colour.

When i made the ipart, i changed the "rubber-black" appearance to a red colour and re-named it to "rubber - red", but this doesn't seem to have any effect?

I'm sure i'm doing something wrong, but i have no idea what it is :S

Lewis

Message 5 of 9
cbenner
in reply to: Lewis.Young
Message 6 of 9
Lewis.Young

While getting the screenshot i think i've noticed the problem... I'm assuming its because i have the component appearance set to "As Material"?

Tube & Pipe Style.png

Message 7 of 9
SharkDesign

Your handout is now giving a 404 error, is there a new link please?

Expert Elite
  Inventor Certified Professional
Message 8 of 9

@SharkDesign 

Not sure what AU handout @cbenner  posted above but go here https://www.autodesk.com/autodesk-university/au-online/profile?code=HcXYj5YQymErPYI%2FqiUl6A%3D%3D&_... and look at all of his AU classes.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 9 of 9
cbenner
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

@SharkDesign @Mark.Lancaster 

One of my classes had the wrong information attached to it on the AU website, and Autodesk were going to fix it,.... looks like I need to check into this.  Thanks for the heads up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report