Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title Block; "hatch region" shows a drawing/sketch, cannot delete

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
igers562WV
942 Views, 9 Replies

Title Block; "hatch region" shows a drawing/sketch, cannot delete

Working with a .dwg. In the title block section I am trying to remove what looks like a sketch or outline of a drawing/logo. I cannot move the object. It has what appears to be thousands of constraint points.

I discovered using the "Hatch Region" I could remove the color, but the outline remains. Any ideas on how to remove the constraints or the outline? I can right and hide the constraints, but no way to remove them.

Labels (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Cadmanto
in reply to: igers562WV

Is this in your template, drawing or both?  When you try to delete it are you in the edit definition screen?

EE LOGO.png
Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2021

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 10
igers562WV
in reply to: Cadmanto

Let me see if I can answer your question(s) I have the .dwg open which is linked to several .ipt and .iam files.

In the browser of the .dwg file there is a"Drawing Resources", "Title Block section. In the title block section there is a template which I can edit by right click edit. I am updating a logo on the page and discovered it appears someone else may have actually drawn/sketched a logo on the template. I have an actual image /logo I want to replace it with.

Message 4 of 10
Cadmanto

I get what you are saying.  I would think you would want to do this in your template so all drawings moving forward will have these updates.  That is why I was asking before if this was happening in just this drawing or the template as well.

Can you post this drawing?  I don't need the associated model as that is not relevant to this issue.

EE LOGO.png
Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2021

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 10
igers562WV

Can I send it to you privately? I have found that in stripping proprietary information there is more of the same stuff on the template that I don't wish to publicly share.

Message 6 of 10
Cadmanto

I understand.  Private message me and I will give you my email address.

EE LOGO.png
Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2021

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 7 of 10
Cadmanto

This is what I think.  You told me you were relatively new to Inventor and CAD in general.  The templates as you said were created by someone else and looking at the fact that they are .dwg files and probably should be .ipt , although some could make the argument for either, my best guess is that these were created using Autocad and brought into Inventor to be used as templates.  What I think you are seeing are in Autocad world called "Nodes" and because they seemed to be embedded, I could not remove them either.  So, given all of that, here is my suggestion.

Using the out of the box "Standard.idw" format, open it up and 

template.png

in the format of .idw

Then do this,

template1.pngtemplate2.png

Now, it will come in with it's standard titleblock.  Delete it by doing below.

template3.png

Then to edit the imbedded titleblock in the format, do below. 

template4.png

Now, while you have your current one open in another window (you will be toggling back and forth between the two)

window and copy as I show below, from your old one,

template5.png

You can do this repeatedly to get all of your pertinent information from the old to the new until it is completed.

Don't forget to save it as you do this process and keep it as an .idw  When you are done, make sure this template is in the folder where ever you are pathed to for your templates.  I hope this all makes some sense.

EE LOGO.png
Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2021

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 8 of 10
igers562WV

The fix is IN!!! Thank you so very much!!!! Worked like a charm.

Message 9 of 10
Cadmanto

Great!!!  What did you do?  Did you use my instructions in my last posting?

EE LOGO.png
Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2021

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 10 of 10
igers562WV

Yes, I did have to calm my nerves and read and try, and then read and try, but I finally got the hang of it.

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report