Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text in dialog boxes cut off

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ryanb4KEZY
456 Views, 6 Replies

Text in dialog boxes cut off

Hi all, wondering if anyone has any ideas here. A number of users in my group (including myself) are having issues with text being cut off in dialog boxes. Makes it tough to know what we are saying yes to! 

Maybe I wasn't using the right search terms, but I wasn't able to find any similar issues within the last five years or so. This is on Inventor Pro 2022 and other than blocking the filename, the attached image is unaltered. Notice the message as well as the frequency options are both cut off. 

Any help appreciated. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Gabriel_Watson
in reply to: ryanb4KEZY

Try to change Inventor to work with High DPI settings as reported in this solution (pick "System enhanced" or "System"):
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/how-to-fix-a-4k-window/m-p/9396765#M782589

EDIT: also apply this to the Vault application if needed.

Message 3 of 7
ryanb4KEZY
in reply to: Gabriel_Watson

Well after a quick check, that seems to have done it. Thank you!

For anyone else who finds this later, none of our displays were 4k, but this still seems to have solved the issue. 

Message 4 of 7
ryanb4KEZY

Hi all, I would like to re-open this as the above fix didn't seem to work for everyone. One of my colleagues reported their issue completely cured by following the above steps, but in my own case, it seems to have fixed some dialog boxes but not others. I am using a laptop with a 1080p screen, with two external 1080p monitors.

If anyone else has any suggestions, I would appreciate hearing them!

Message 5 of 7
Gabriel_Watson

You can also try adding this to your registry.

At this location:
"Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers"
Include a String (if not there already) for Vault:
"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Vault Professional 2022\Explorer\Connectivity.VaultPro.exe"
With the value:
~ HIGHDPIAWARE

MAKE SURE YOU SELECT THE RIGHT VAULT YEAR NUMBER FOR THE PATH ABOVE.

Message 6 of 7
ryanb4KEZY
in reply to: Gabriel_Watson

Aha! I was about to try adding that registry entry when I noticed you were saying to apply it to the Vault exe, not Inventor. Then I realized that I had applied your first suggestion to Inventor only, and not Vault (since within Vault itself, I did not notice any issues - it never crossed my mind). But the dialogue boxes that were still giving me trouble were all related to Vault actions within Inventor.

So, the lesson is, apply those DPI scaling overrides to Inventor AND Vault!

Thanks again!

Message 7 of 7
Gabriel_Watson

Aha! Thanks for the feedback. And yes, even my wife knows how half Inventor issues actually come from interactions with Vault =D

I actually apply these changes more often for Vault, so I'm glad you brought that up, so I can edit the original answer to include Vault possibly too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report