Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template file - "Attempted to access an unnamed file past its end" Error

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
edward.mAY7KQ
127 Views, 7 Replies

Template file - "Attempted to access an unnamed file past its end" Error

Hey Guys,

I created a template for one of our clients and went thru the process of Save copy as a Template once compiled and styles etc created and assigned... It saves this into the Templates directory as normal, however whenever I return to create a new drawing from this template at the New=> Template Dialogue, the following error pops up "Attempted to access an unnamed file past its end"... After which the template does not open and cannot be accessed - I open the file explicitly from the templates directory and it opens fine - all styles accounted etc... However, when accessing this from the New - Template Dialogue this error pops up... I've even tried simply copying the file into the Templates directory and low and behold the error pops up again... Is there a solution for this error..?

Tags (2)
Labels (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CGBenner
in reply to: edward.mAY7KQ

@edward.mAY7KQ 

Hello and welcome.  Are you still struggling with this?  Would it be possible to share the template file here for others to look at?

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 8

Hi! I would like to clarify a few things. A template has to be a static file. It cannot be opened by another application at the same time and it is changed dynamically. Also a template should not have any preexisting reference files (a drawing with a view or an assembly with a part).

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 8
edward.mAY7KQ
in reply to: CGBenner

Unfortunately - I cannot share the template as its another company's IP...

Message 5 of 8

This template was built from scratch in the normal fashion - Its a static file, never opened by another application or altered outside of the Inventor environment.... There are also no preexisting reference files associated with the template either...

I've built quite a number of templates, and this is the only one that seems to behave like this...

Message 6 of 8

Hi Edward,

Unfortunately, it might be corrupted. I guess you will need to recreate it.

If you find out how to reproduce the corruption, please let us know asap.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 8

Hey John -

Hope this isn't the case of having to rebuild - they do take a lot of time as they are an Inventor recreation of the Clients old AutoCAD Templates...

I can open the file explicitly with no issue or error popping up... However, as soon as I move it, copy it or 'save as a template' to the 'Templates Directory', the error occurs...?? 

Message 8 of 8

Hi! The behavior does not make sense to me. Please make sure all critical Windows updates are installed and the graphics driver is updated. Also clean up %temp%.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report