Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task Scheduler 2018 cannot create task

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1279 Views, 6 Replies

Task Scheduler 2018 cannot create task

Hi!

TS 2018 can't create task since Windows 10 anniversary update. I've tried THIS, didn't helped. Moreover, almost every program has their duplicated entry with (1) in their name.

Clipboard01.jpg

I don't know if it's related to TS's fault, but I'd like some tip before I reinstall the whole suite. It would be awesome if I could reinstall TS only.

Thank you,

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

Looks like something happened to your computer/registry corruption or something.. 

I have the Anniversary update you talk about and I do not have (1) duplicates showing like that nor do I have problems using task scheduler (just tried a migration task that worked just fine)..

I'd recommend you completely remove all Autodesk software and reinstall it.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 7
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: mcgyvr

@Anonymous

One thing to add to @mcgyvr information..  Perhaps before uninstalling, have someone else log (Windows account) into your machine and see if they have any issues.  If they don't that tells me your Windows user profile/registry is messed up like @mcgyvr pointed out.  You may not need to uninstall but instead have your Windows user profile recreated..  Anyhow my 2 cents.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 7
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! It does not sound right to me. Did you try using Inventor Reset Utility (Autodesk -> Autodesk Inventor Professional 2018 -> Tools -> Inventor Reset Utility)?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi!

No, Reset Utility didn't solve it. Is there a reset utility for TS only, or a standalone installer for TS?

mcgvyr: yeah, that is a solution for everything, but I'd pass it because - I guess - Inventor 2019 will be released soon, so I think I'll reinstall the OS and by that, deleting this mess. I can use other computers, until then.

Mark.Lancaster : thanks, but I don't know exactly when it happened and probably it would lead me nowhere, too. Next time I'll backup partitions or keep Windows.old.

Message 6 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi! This sounds more like an install issue. Something is wrong during the install process or the application registering process. If I were you, I would completely uninstall Inventor professional using Autodesk Uninstall Tool. Maybe you need to use Microsoft FixIt to ensure all components are uninstalled. Then reinstall Inventor Professional.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Hi,

It's definitely a Windows' issue, because not only Autodesk's softwares are affected. I just thought there is a quick way to fix TS. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report