Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab and Slot app for Inventor

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Raider_71
1685 Views, 8 Replies

Tab and Slot app for Inventor

Hi all,

We have been working on a Tab and Slot app for Inventor over the last few weeks and we would like to get it out in the "wild" for some real-world testing...

Please see some of the workflow videos below. If you are keen to play with the app please pm me.

Video1: https://micrographics-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/pieter_mgfx_co_za/ESTEvlmEyB9GhpuSbph...

Video2: https://micrographics-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/pieter_mgfx_co_za/EREBUEBryRtPhe8P8A_YOqkBoft...

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
-niels-
in reply to: Raider_71

From what i saw in the video it looks pretty nifty, nice going!
We do use that workflow on our sheetmetal reasonably often, but i'm not able to help with your real-world testing currently.
Other then some UI layout improvements i think it looks good, all i was wondering while watching the videos is how it gets propagated to the parts and if it retains its intelligence when reusing a part in a different assembly.
I think Autodesk should give you a bunch of money and just integrate this into the sheetmetal environment.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 3 of 9
Raider_71

@-niels-  All good. The features are built as normal Inventor Part features and can be edited or deleted at will.

Message 4 of 9
catchya

I've never commented on a post here, however have to on this one.  Since switching employers and going from Solidworks to Inventor, this is one tool that I greatly miss (among many!) that Inventor lacks...

If you want any inspiration look at the SW tab and slot tool. I am testing your plugin and the only major con, is that I wish I could be used at the multibody part level. I will continue to test this plugin.

INVENTOR, pay this man and incorporate this plug-in native to Inventor. You're behind the 8 ball as Solidworks has been doing this for years now. 😉

Message 5 of 9
Raider_71
in reply to: catchya

@catchya thanks for the kind words. If the app proofs to be popular we will develop it some more and also add the functions into the multi-body part environment. There are quite a few more things we would like to add bud we are just testing the waters for now... 🙂

Message 6 of 9
rclement

i have to agree since using solidworks if found a few commands that inventor lacks.this is one.

Message 7 of 9
johnsonshiue

Hi Folks,

The app Raider_007 mentioned is available on Inventor App store.

https://apps.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/en/Detail/Index?id=4362052696351853859&appLang=en&os=Win64

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 9
SBix26
in reply to: johnsonshiue

@johnsonshiue wrote:

Hi Folks,

The app Raider_007 mentioned is available on Inventor App store.

But a very outdated version of it...

I was able to download the current version from the Micrographics web site.

Sam B

Inventor Pro 2023 | Windows 10 Home 21H2
autodesk-expert-elite-member-logo-1line-rgb-black.png

Message 9 of 9
Raider_71

Hi John thanks for sharing the link. I need to update the app on the AppStore but as always the latest apps can be found here: Download

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report