Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surfaces to Orange Shrinkwrap

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
600 Views, 3 Replies

Surfaces to Orange Shrinkwrap

I Received a 3D .DWG file from another company and was able to convert it into a .IGES file for Inventor 2018 which opened it as a mixture of parts and surfaces. After much work, I was able finally get a usable copy and it needed to be my base for attaching other objects to. Due to the large file size I tried to shrink wrap the original and it rendered in an orange color with yellow edges. I was eventually able to hide the yellow edges by changing the view to shaded or realistic but I cannot change the color of the objects to a galvanized grey. What steps should I take?Solid partsSolid partsShrink wrapped VersionsShrink wrapped Versions

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I Received a 3D .DWG file from another company and was able to convert it into a .IGES file for Inventor 2018 ... What steps should I take?

Attach original *.dwg file here (IGES was never needed).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

I converted to .IGES as I found it was the only way to convert the mesh into solid parts so that I could eventually create an assembly around it. Attached is the Original .DWG

Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! I believe you will need to select the Composite node in the shrinkwrap part and assign a color to it. It should work.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report