Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub assembly contains two frame generated using the same sketch but does not work in top level assembly.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ian_povey65P7M
91 Views, 4 Replies

Sub assembly contains two frame generated using the same sketch but does not work in top level assembly.

I have created two frames using the same sketch and two model state items in an Inventor 2022 weldment sub assembly.  The model states work as expected and the frame regenerates in both cases. When I added this sub assembly to the top level assembly and link the model states, the frame sketch updates but the frame member do not update accordingly to the sketch. Is the a bug in Inventor 2022 .3 release, am doing something wrong or is there a workaround to overcome is issue? Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi

Have you tried opening the subassembly and updating?

Kacper Suchomski

EESignature

YouTube - Inventor tutorials | WWW | LinkedIn | Instagram

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 5
RajSchmidt
in reply to: ian_povey65P7M

I'm afraid that's how it is supposed to work (or rather, not work): https://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2022/ENU/?guid=GUID-7A8F3827-4F52-4D1E-B730-730EEB739097

Message 4 of 5

Classification:UNCLASSIFIED

Message 5 of 5

Thank you for your feedback Raj Schmidt.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report