Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Styles and Standards template ignored

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
472 Views, 3 Replies

Styles and Standards template ignored

Hello all,

Couldn't find anyone else with this problem, so it might be my own obliviousness. But hope someone can help me.

I recently upgraded to Inventor 2021 (Win10). All my templates were migrated correctly (or so it seemed). But I have a problem now. Whenever I open a new IDW from my own templates with 'create a new file', it ignores the styles and standards and uses the "factory" default. When I open the template from the template folder directly it shows me the style and standard settings I adjusted myself (precision & trailing zeros E.g.). Anyone knows the solution?

Inventor IDW template.jpgInventor IDW opened.jpg

Greetings,

Sven

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
admaiora
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Sven,

this behavior is correct, create a template involves a project and the ability to read/write a library.

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 4
Cadmanto

Did you upgrade your project file?  Making sure that has all of the styles, material and folders pointing to the correct locations?

EE LOGO.png
Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2020

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks all for your reply, it triggered me to search in the right direction for me. In the end I opened the template file, went to the style editor, right-clicked the active standard and selected "update style". Problem solved, thanks!

Greetings,

Sven

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report