Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stress Analysis - Nastran - overview

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
NachitoMax
104 Views, 0 Replies

Stress Analysis - Nastran - overview

Hi

for an internal project i wanted to run an analysis on some concrete that a family member has had carried out that, in my construction experience, doesnt look that good. Apart from the fact that the concrete base spans a large width, it is only 4in thick, spans about 4 metres and is supported on an existing concrete wall on one side to 3 concrete pillars at 200mm x 200mm on the other. The platform height is 4 metres, the pillars sit atop an existing concrete base of 150mm thick. on top of the platform is a roof platform to the exact same size @3 metres height. There is also a recently added 4 x 2 steel I beam added as the platform dips about 75mm. The hole for the I beam has been made in the centre column directly under the platform...

I think there is a risk of it failing but wanted to run an analysis to sense check.

Does anyone here have enough experience with Stress Analysis or Nastran that can guide me through a typical setup and what i need to be doing in order to get a reasonable result? like a step by step?

do i do this in a block model part or do i need an assembly?

if an assembly, do the members need to be separated or all 1 merged part?

do i need to add gravity load?

do i need to add steel in the column or is there a setting / material that can be used or is it assumed?

Any help is greatly received

Thanks

Nacho
Automation & Design Engineer

Inventor automation Programmer (C#, VB.Net / iLogic)
Furniture, Sheet Metal, Structural, Metal fab, Tradeshow, Fabrication, CNC

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report