Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STK dimensions

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mahmoud90
449 Views, 3 Replies

STK dimensions

I have a part with some dimensions (100x320x25), and I will make some machining on it. I will use a STK (110x330x30). How can I show the STK dimensions in drawing table? I use a sheet metal template to show it, but it reads the actual part dimensions, but I want to show the STK one. If I changed the thickness in the sheet metal rule to be the STK Thickness, the drawing I made in the flat pattern changed from plan to another.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CCarreiras
in reply to: mahmoud90

Hi!

In this case, I guess a proper workflow for this is to create a multisolid with two model states, one solid representing the part and other solid the stock.

ccarreiras_0-1673952604511.png

In drawing you can select the part and/or the stock to document.

Also in CAM, you can select the solid STK as the stock directly.

ccarreiras_1-1673952811112.png

Tip: in this case since you don't need a flat Pattern calculation is easier to use solid environment instead sheet metal environment, but it's up tp you.

Check the files:

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
mahmoud90
in reply to: CCarreiras

Thanks for your reply. It is a great idea for new parts but still can't show the STK dimensions in the table or I can select which part to show its STK?

Also, what about STP files? I have to make the full process again.

Message 4 of 4
blandb
in reply to: mahmoud90

If you are using the description field for raw materials, you could just draw the part as full raw size and then machine down. Now you have the original stock size as parameters. You can export them and use them in the description field like: =PLT, <length> <height> <width>. Now you can pull that description field into the parts list and it should show. Your dims on your drawing will show the machined dims.

Autodesk Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report