Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spur Gear | Always Fails!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
francesco.bacchini
335 Views, 4 Replies

Spur Gear | Always Fails!

Hey everyone! I'm trying to generate a set of gears with the following parameters:

- Center Distance: 19 mm

- Facewidth: 2,5 mm (Gear's height)

- Module: I haven't established a specific value, but I don't want the teeth lenght to be too small (let's say 1.5 mm is enough)

I don't know what: "Desired Gear Ratio" refers too nor I care about the "Number of Teeth". Also, I'd like to have quite smooth teeth when it comes to filleting and addendum,

What am I doing wrong?

Screenshot_ConceptD_Francesco_2021.12.28_11.30.15.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Will you be manufacturing these gears in-house, or will you be purchasing from an out-side vendor?

There is more information that is needed (including material for each gear) for the calculator.

The gear generator does not create actual gear geometry - only a simplified representation (and in fact the simplified gears interfere).

Most gears are purchased from gear manufacturers.

If you need precise gears - there is an additional step required (see this link).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5

I always get the same problems. But the gears do work despite that. Then again, i never made a metal gear from it, just a 3D printed one.

‌:nauseated_face: ‌:face_with_medical_mask: Fusion 360
Message 4 of 5

Thank you very much @MatsNorway1 and @JDMather .

I only needed a geometric representation of the gears as I'm supposed to create a video in which they're actually moving. I solved the issue by tweaking the parameters a bit.

But now there's another problem... I need to attach a third gear to one of those previously generated. Is there a way to do that automatically?

Message 5 of 5

Create 3rd gear and apply appropriate Constraints or Joint.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report