Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spacing of Feature Control Frames on attachment points (green dot)

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
283 Views, 5 Replies

Spacing of Feature Control Frames on attachment points (green dot)

Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I assume it's in the styles somewhere, but I can't find it.

Similar issue here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/feature-control-frame-attachment-position/m-p/6677352/...

There is a difference in spacing between tapped vs. drilled holes.  It uses the same "note" text style...

Different spacing, same attachment pointDifferent spacing, same attachment point

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
SBix26
in reply to: Anonymous

I suspect the difference between them is the presence of the diameter symbol in the upper one.  This is probably from the AIGDT font; its characters occupy more vertical space than the normal font characters.

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2019.0.1 | Windows 7 SP1
LinkedIn

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: SBix26

Great minds think alike - I did try with both symbol in and out and it makes no difference.  It is a difference between the thread callout and thru hole callout (it's different again on a linear dimension).

Message 4 of 6
SBix26

Here's what I'm seeing on Inventor 2018.  I wonder if there is some difference in dimension styles?

Spacing of Feature Control Frames on attachment points.png

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2019.0.1 | Windows 7 SP1
LinkedIn

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: SBix26

That looks just like it should - I'll be getting 2018 in the next week or so, I'll try to remember to report back whether it changes.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

It is fixed in 2018, so the solution is upgrade for the phantom fixes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report