Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution to Inventor 2023 Crashing when accessing Application Options

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mechengineer3
624 Views, 6 Replies

Solution to Inventor 2023 Crashing when accessing Application Options

Hello all,

Just thought I'd share my fix for an issue I have been having since we upgraded to 2023; 

Every time I would try to access the Application Options Inventor would instantly crash.

After clearing everything Inventor related from the install drive and even removing the key from the registry,

due to a suggestion that something was corrupt in my user profile, this did not fix it.

I then dug into the error information with code " Access violation - code c0000005 "

and found someone suggesting to reinstall/update the graphics card driver. 

This worked for me! 

If anyone else is having this issue after upgrading to Inventor 2023 I hope this helps.

Regards,

Hans

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

My 2023 Inventor is Crashing quite frequently while working with Drawings especially. Like just now it crashed when I tried to create centerline. So annoying. This crash is not specific related to application option. It might be something else some bug may be. Not an expert on this, but will try to update my graphics card drive if there is an update, as suggested by @mechengineer3, and will see if the problem still there. 

Message 3 of 7

Hi @mechengineer3 and @CBhavsarW8SYW,

I have located @mechengineer3's crash report. It looks graphics related. Inventor crashed due to the driver. Please go to the graphics vendor site and update the driver. Also make sure all critical Windows updates are installed.

I did not find @CBhavsarW8SYW's report, so I am not sure what had happened. Please also update the graphics driver and install all critical Windows updates.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 7

@johnsonshiue 

322643992 this is my report ID.

Message 5 of 7

@johnsonshiue I checked with my other collogue too, he is also facing same crashing issue.  

Message 6 of 7

@johnsonshiue 

Error Details:

Date/Time: 2022-04-22 08:37:48 -04:00
Application: Inventor.exe
Error: Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)
Crashed Module Name: dlsrv.dll
Exception Address: 0x00007ffa225c771e
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Flags: 0
Exception Parameters: 0, 0

Message 7 of 7

Hi! Many thanks for sharing the report ID! The crash is a known issue, different than the OP's crash. It is associated with INVGEN-61315. A fix has been submitted to our internal build. Currently, we are targeting the fix for 2023.0.1 update (coming soon).

Thanks again!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report