Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

skeleton.iam error

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
283 Views, 2 Replies

skeleton.iam error

I am trying to check in an assembly with a frame generated part.  The vault is telling me it cannot because there is already a file name "CW Skeleton.iam"  The CW was added at the start to make it unique.  How do I rename that file?

It does not show up in the model tree so I cannot seem to do anything.  Can I just rename it in the folder?  That seems wrong.

Thanks.

*** Please up-vote Spell Check, pull IV into the early 90's ***

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

There's a few ways you can do to get past this..

As a Vault admin you could uncheck the options enforce unique file names.   Get the files checked in and then enforce unique file names again. But I'm not a fan of doing that.  But this would allow you to rename within Vault.

-OR-

In Vault can the original name skeleton file be renamed?

-OR-

You can use Win Exp to rename and reopen the model to resolve the issue..  But you could also use Inventor Design Assistant and rename it there.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 3
salariua
in reply to: Anonymous

just one more option to add to Mark's comment.

you can also use Save and Replace.... from the Assemble tab, Productivity section. I have that on "SR" shortcut key to speed it up...

Inventor_170809_08-22-01.png

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report