Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simplified Part Disappears when edit in assembly

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
717 Views, 7 Replies

Simplified Part Disappears when edit in assembly

Hi!

I have an assembly which I simplified to use in another assembly. But whenever i edit this simplified part in the assembly it disappears, the part is usually a surface but when i edit the surface disappears and nothing I´ve tried shows it again. In the model tree (left menu) the part still shows, but when expanding the surface is not there.

After that everytime i try to insert the same part in the assembly it wont show. Even if I open the part individually. The only way for me to see the part again is restarting Inventor, but even that whenever i edit the part the same thing happens.

Anyone knows what causes this? I will attach model if that helps.

Thanks!

Labels (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

What is the purpose of the 4 surface bodies?

What is the purpose of this untrimmed surface?

Do you see the same behavior if you install Update 2022.0.1?

JDMather_0-1625513682652.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

I dont know the purpose of those surfaces since i downloaded this model from Rockwell Download catalog, it was originally a .STP

Message 4 of 8
JDMather

That changes the problem - some of the geometry is corrupted and will need to be repaired.

Attach the original STEP file here for diagnosis.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Here is the original STP file. Thanks alot

Message 6 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi! The original STP file from PTC has some bad geometry. Quite a few cylindrical faces have badness (probably tolerance issues). I exported it to IGES with tighter tolerance as a solid. Then import it back. The part body seems to check better.

Try this. Open "1400214-01_10.ipt" and delete the original body. Import attached IGES file. Then try simplification workflow. It should work better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 8
jacqueline.nelson

Good Morning - did anyone ever answer your question about a simplified part disappearing when inserted in another assembly? I could not see any reply's

I am having the same issue - appreciate any response

Cheers 

Message 8 of 8

Hi! I believe it is bad geometry related. Open the simplified part and press Ctrl+F7. Is there any bad body reported?

You may want to run Repair Bodies workflow on the original part (not the simplified one). If you cannot figure out, please share the files here. Forum experts can help take a look.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report