Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signing in.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
NigelHay
305 Views, 6 Replies

Signing in.

I've noticed that, when replying to posts or creating new posts, I don't have to sign in to the forum. I'm writing this post now with the 'sign in' button still visible in the top R.H. corner of the screen.

Is this a new thing? I'm sure that, in the past, I was always asked to sign in when posting or replying.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
-niels-
in reply to: NigelHay

You are still signed in, the header bar just isn't showing it properly.
Sometimes refreshing the webpage will fix this, but it's an ongoing thing that happens to some people.
You can report it as a website issue, perhaps it already has been...
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/reported-community-website/idb-p/community-issue-report

I know Autodesk is actively trying to resolve these issues, but they're apparently hard to track down.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 3 of 7
NigelHay
in reply to: -niels-

Refreshing the page makes no difference. Would I be signed in if I have just opened the forum web page? I didn't think that it signed me in automatically. If I click on the 'sign in' button it starts the sign in dialogue as though I am not signed in.

Message 4 of 7
NigelHay

So, I have just clicked the 'sign in' button & signed in. It still shows the 'sign in' as though I was not signed in which would support your comments. Refreshing the page makes no difference but clicking the 'sign in' button again then shows the avatar with my name etc. If I then sign out, I am not able to reply or post.

Message 5 of 7
CGBenner

@NigelHay 

Hi Nigel, as @-niels- mentioned, this is an issue that we are currently tracking, but I would suggest that you use the "Report a Website Issue" button on the bottom af any forums page, and add that you are also seeing this.  It might be helpful to hear from more users so they can do further testing.  Thank you for bringing this to our attention (BTW it happens to me once in a while to).

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 6 of 7
NigelHay
in reply to: CGBenner

OK, I've done that.
Message 7 of 7
NigelHay

I wonder if this has been fixed now? I've commented a couple of times today & had to sign in each time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report