Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet metal Flat pattern miter not matching working piece

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Phil_estep
290 Views, 6 Replies

Sheet metal Flat pattern miter not matching working piece

Hello, I just made the move from Fusion 360 to Inventor during the holidays. Ive been working in fusion for quite a while but once i switched over i am having trouble getting my flat patterns to show my miters in sheet metal. I can unfold with no issues but once i make the flat pattern it squares out the corner in the flat pattern and drawing. I attached a copy of the drawing and an unfolded working model. I cant seem to find any setting related to this so any help would be greatly appreceiated.  

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi

Why did you perform Unfold surgery? What was the purpose?

Kacper Suchomski

EESignature

YouTube - Inventor tutorials | WWW | LinkedIn | Instagram

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 7

the unfold was just to show the correct "v" cut into the metal that is actually on the part. 

Message 4 of 7

Unfold and Flat pattern are not the same.

Kacper Suchomski

EESignature

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 5 of 7

without the unfold, it still shows a squared off corner where there should be a 45 deg relief. Model miters are correct but the flat parrern still shows incorrectly. I attached a model without the unfold for visual refrence if that helps.  Where my 2 3/4 radius flanges come together is where im having an issue. 

Message 6 of 7

For the first flange operation, go to the last tab and define the corner type.

Kacper Suchomski

EESignature

Message 7 of 7

thank you, that worked. Apologies for the easy issue, i had that setup in fusion or something correctly. Again thanks for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report