Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet metal - Cormer seam

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
chachaman
504 Views, 6 Replies

Sheet metal - Cormer seam

Hello,

I come back often for this issue.

Please see attached image of a corner. It is as I want it.

When I change the angle of the Flange called 91_Degree_Flange to the intended 91 degrees, the corner changes to something ugly.

Can anyone get the corner to work at it's intended 91 degrees ?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Thomas_Savage
in reply to: chachaman

Hello @chachaman 

I have attached a screenshot of the part at 91 Degrees, where on the side places a big relief. Is this the problem you mentioned? If so, after changed the bend to 91 Degrees i then deleted the Corner Seam below the flange. 

This corrected the problem. The Corner Seam you placed interfered with the fold.

In the screenshot i just moved the End of Part to show it solving the problem. But the Corner Seam can be deleted.

Hope this helps and has solved your problem??

Unwrap.pngCorner Seam.png

Thomas Savage

Design Engineer

Message 3 of 7
chachaman
in reply to: Thomas_Savage

Hello your seam is nice however you appear to be using a symetric gap seam whereas I am looking for an overlap seam....please see image.

Can you achieve as good a result with the overlap seam ? If so, please tell me how ?

Message 4 of 7
chachaman
in reply to: Thomas_Savage

To all those who might encounter this problem, here is the solutions that worked for me.....see attachmentÈ

Message 5 of 7
IgorMir

Hi Angelo;

I don't think - there would be many people, encountering such a problem. The part you have created is, effectively - an assembly. Maybe you intended the part to be a multi-solid one. For future creation of individual parts. But your file does not reflect it. Yet, if multi-solid approach is to be implemented - than your finding is helpful, of course.

Cheers,

Igor.

@chachaman wrote:

To all those who might encounter this problem, here is the solutions that worked for me.....see attachmentÈ

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 6 of 7
chachaman
in reply to: IgorMir

Hello Igor,

the part is indeed a multi-body part from which individual parts are then created.

Thank you for your interest and contribution.

Kind regards...

Message 7 of 7
IgorMir

Hi Angelo;

If I was designing these items - I would rather model them as it is shown in the attached picture. 

But maybe your design intent is somewhat different to what I understood from the file of yours.

Cheers,

Igor.

@chachaman wrote:

Hello Igor,

the part is indeed a multi-body part from which individual parts are then created.

Thank you for your interest and contribution.

Kind regards...

Web: www.meqc.com.au

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report