Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday pictures 2-14-'20 Valentine's edition

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
-niels-
616 Views, 11 Replies

Friday pictures 2-14-'20 Valentine's edition

Valentine_2019_banner.png

Hey Everyone, it's Valentine's day! 💕

That means a themed edition, so if you managed to create something for the occasion then you can show it off now.

If you didn't, no worries, you can still show your normal work. 😉

So, to start this off:

I created a locket for rendering years ago, but since i now have a 3D printer i decided i wanted to try and print one.

It is my first dabble of printing something "in place" so my end result still needs some tweaking, but it came out good enough to show pictures off.

If you feel like playing with the model and improving, check my GrabCAD page. (link in my signature)

Small Render done in 3DS Max:

Valentine_2020.jpg

Actual photographs of the print:

(cube is 20x20x20mm, for scale)

20200212_225817.jpg20200213_174303.jpg20200213_174345.jpg

💖 Happy Valentine's and enjoy the weekend!  💖

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
doug.johnston
in reply to: -niels-

WOW .... I love how the rendering actually shows the "3D printed" lines !!!

Good job niels

---------------------------------------------------
It's not easy maintaining this level of insanity !!!!!
Message 3 of 12
admaiora

💓

r3.jpg

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 4 of 12
mcgyvr

@-niels-  Impressive "bridging" of the filament there.. From this side of the internet I see very little sag on what seems like it may be a 40+mm gap..

(Heck nearly 60+mm it looks in some spots..)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 12
-niels-
in reply to: mcgyvr

@mcgyvr yeah, that would've been impressive bridging if i'd printed it without support.

I can't say for sure if it would've done that the same without it, but i did leave a reasonably large gap between the support and the "bridge" (3 layers, on that print i think it was 0.36mm)

I didn't have the guts to try it without... though this filament is pretty capable when it comes to bridging.

The support didn't adhere to the print, it stuck to the bed when i removed the locket, so i'm not 100% sure if it really needed it. 😅

@doug.johnston yup, that was the effect i was going for, simple 3DS max trick of adding a bumpmap with cell noise as the input set to scale in only 1 axis.

Niels van der Veer
The Netherlands

Message 6 of 12
mcgyvr

@-niels- wrote:

@mcgyvr yeah, that would've been impressive bridging if i'd printed it without support.

I can't say for sure if it would've done that the same without it, but i did leave a reasonably large gap between the support and the "bridge" (3 layers, on that print i think it was 0.36mm)

I didn't have the guts to try it without... though this filament is pretty capable when it comes to bridging.

The support didn't adhere to the print, it stuck to the bed when i removed the locket, so i'm not 100% sure if it really needed it. 😅

@-niels-  I looked for evidence of support and didn't see it so I thought that may have been done without..

So yeah.. Now... Not impressive anymore.. 😋 😘  Ha Ha.. 

Oh well.. your ability to use support but not be able to tell is pretty cool.. So yeah still slightly impressed 😄

I've been using Colorfabbs PLA/PHA blend recently and am really liking it.. It handles bridging pretty darn well.. 

Pretty darn durable too so I've been using it for fixtures at work,etc... 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 12
-niels-
in reply to: mcgyvr

I'm using "Real" filament PLA... now i might just have to try a print without support...
I was pretty happy with not having to fight getting the support removed though, unlike an earlier print...

Niels van der Veer
The Netherlands

Message 8 of 12
slphantom

here is my contribution for today. I call it a trash dumper. At customer request I had to add this to my machine after it was built. It collects pieces of material that we are cutting off the customers part then dumps them into a bin at the "home" position.

TRASH DUMPER-2.jpg

Scott
win 11 64 bit
Nvida GeForce RTX 4000
Inventor Pro 2023
Space Explorer
Message 9 of 12
leowarren34
in reply to: slphantom

All looking pretty sweet,

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Who doesn't like a balloon?

heart assembly.jpg

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 10 of 12
webogan

This is a slow moving project I'm working on... don't have as much reference material as I'd like.

110_Offenhauser01.png

bill bogan
Message 11 of 12
Judith.Hageman

Valentijn-15.jpg

Have a nice weekend!

J.

Message 12 of 12
kelly.young

Happy Valentine's Day! 

BoxChocolates.png

No time to draw chocolates... have a great weekend!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report