Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Views Disappear after 30 Days, Where Does it Go?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
petestrycharske
807 Views, 6 Replies

Shared Views Disappear after 30 Days, Where Does it Go?

All,

Good morning!  I was experimenting with the shared views and wanted to see what happened after 30 days.  It looks as though the shared view has completely disappeared from my collaboration tab and I cannot seem to find it anywhere.  Can someone confirm that after 30 days the shared view just disappears from the Inventor side?  The reason I ask is if someone adds some commentary or something, I think it'd be rough to lose that data.  Hopefully I'm just missing something and there's a way to recover the view on the Inventor side, I understand if the public view expires after 30 days.  Please let me know if anyone has any questions and I'll do my best to answer them.  Thanks in advance for any assistance, hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

@petestrycharske 

I assume you're taking about "Shared Views" within Inventor and not Vault?

I could be wrong but the originator of that Shared View can still see the comments after the 30 days but the link related to the shared view is no longer active.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 7

@Mark.Lancaster 

Sorry I missed your message, my awesome e-mail is "helping" me again...

Anyway, I would have assumed it worked like you describe, but I cannot see the original shared view in my Shared Views browser in Inventor.  I've tried switching to different projects, just in case that makes a difference, but it doesn't seem to.  It looks like after 30 days, it goes away for me too, which is not a great thing.

Anybody else know a way to get that shared view back on the host Inventor side?  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 4 of 7

Hi Pete,

Indeed, after 30 days, the shared views are gone. If you want it to persist, you will need to create a hub and share the design among the members. Or, you can always export to DWF and send the file.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 7

Thanks @johnsonshiue !  That's exactly what I was hoping to confirm.  Appreciate you clearing that up, hope all is well and have a most blessed night!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Message 6 of 7
dkindt
in reply to: johnsonshiue

How do you "create a hub" like you mentioned. I'm rather new to this process and would appreciate the help

Message 7 of 7
johnsonshiue
in reply to: dkindt

Hi! If I recall correctly, the Fusion Team hub requires subscription. It may not be available for hobbyist or startup license. I could be wrong. Please check with Fusion Team.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report