Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Balloon Sequentially Counting Item Quantities

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
511 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor Balloon Sequentially Counting Item Quantities

Hey guys and gals, 

I have a task that has been given to me by some of my coworkers out in the field. On a site specific concrete foundation drawing, I have ballooned the foundations with a split line balloon that has the item number in the top hemisphere and item quantity in the bottom hemisphere. One of my contractors asked if it was possible to have the Item Quantity to sequentially count off the foundations as you balloon them. This would provide a small identifier that one could reference when talking about a specific foundation. So rather than have it have the overall quantity in the lower hemisphere he wants it to count off A/1, A/2, A/3 and so forth and so on. 

Has anyone been able to successfully make this happen without manually overwriting the field text?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Cadmanto
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the forum.

There is no out of the box solution for what you are looking to do other then manually doing it.

You can place in idea here to suggest it. Inventor IdeaStation

The only solution currently would be to create either a macro or an iLogic routine that would do this.

You might pull some ideas from these threads.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/sequential-number-within-an-assembly/td-p/7626221 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/bom-sequential-numbers/td-p/6981685 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-customization/ilogic-sequential-part-number-generator/td-p/3... 

EE LOGO.png
Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2021

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 7
CGBenner

@Anonymous  

Indeed welcome to the forums!  I hope you find what you need here.  My name is Chris, and I am the Community Manager for Product Design & Manufacturing.  You'll find me hanging out a lot here and in the Vault forum among other places.  If you need anything, @tag me or any other user to get our attention in a post.

Here is some great info for new forums users to look over, to help you get the most from this community.  Also, in your spare time (I know,....) take a look at our Design & Manufacturing industry resources.  There may be some helpful information in here as well.

Good luck and Enjoy!

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

Scott, 

I haven't written a lot of iLogic. What would that iLogic look like?

Message 5 of 7
Cadmanto

@Anonymous 

I am not real good at it, but if you look at the first link I sent and then go to response 7 of 9, there is an example of what iLogic would look like.  Now, if you are looking for the iLogic routine in what it would look like for your specific need, that I cannot help you with.  There are plenty on this forum that do though and can probably write you what you are looking for.

EE LOGO.png
Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2021

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 6 of 7
CGBenner
in reply to: Cadmanto

@Anonymous @Cadmanto 

For iLogic, I recommend posting in the Inventor Customization forum.  Since that's where I would probably move it anyway.  🤣

Lots of talented folks in that forum.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 7 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi! I think I know what is needed here. You need instance properties. This property can be assigned to an instance of a component, as opposed to the component files. Each instance can have a unique value. The property needs to be stored in the assembly where the instance exists.

I am not aware of a solution in Inventor at the moment. You can hack it by using sketch symbol. But, the values will need to be entered manually, not populated automatically.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report