Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shaded problem in IDW drawing

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
603 Views, 13 Replies

shaded problem in IDW drawing

every time i shade a figure in a IDW file there are shadows and the colors are affected. if anyone can kindly help me with that.

shade.jpg

kelly.young has embedded your image for clarity

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
clutsa
in reply to: Anonymous

This would better fit in the forums section then the ideas section. Please re-ask your question there.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/bd-p/78

If I've helped you, please help me by supporting this idea.
Mass Override for Each Model State
Message 3 of 14
Xun.Zhang

Hi @Anonymous,

Which version are you using? Is there any specific setting in your drawing template? if so, could you attached a sample data with the template here?

thanks!

Xun
Message 4 of 14
johnsonshiue

Hi! I could be wrong but the issue looks graphics related. To rule out graphics hardware issues, please update graphics card driver first. Go to your graphics card vendor website and find the latest compatible driver. Also, change hardware option to Conservative (or Compatibility mode). Start Inventor and go to Tools -> Application Options -> Hardware -> Conservative mode. After that, does it work better?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Xun.Zhang

hello. I'm using autodesk inventor professional 2017. and no i have no specific settings. also this problem is not with the graphic because sometimes is clear and sometimes no. also when i zoom into the image is clears itself but when i zoom out, back to being shaded weirdly. 

Message 6 of 14
johnsonshiue

Hi! Based on your description, it does sound more like graphics related. Please share your hardware profile with us. Start Inventor and open a file. Go to Tools -> Application Options -> Hardware -> Diagnosis -> paste it to Notepad and save it as text file. Send it directly to me (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com).

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 14
Xun.Zhang

Hi @Anonymous,

Please share your data to me (xun.zhang@autodesk.com), it's really difficult to figure out the reason without the data.

Thanks!

Xun
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi all 

I just have exactly same problem tried everything with no luck.

I'm using Inventor 2018.

Last week all was good, some reason this week is just something gone wrong, all the IDW is Shaded.

I tried updating the graphics but still same.

Please help.

Thanks

Message 9 of 14
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all 

I just have exactly same problem tried everything with no luck.

I'm using Inventor 2018.

Last week all was good, some reason this week is just something gone wrong, all the IDW is Shaded.

I tried updating the graphics but still same.

Please help.

Thanks

@Anonymous What graphics card? What driver version are you using? What is your operating system?

If you go to tools..application options..hardware tab and check software graphics check box THEN RESTART Inventor.. Does the problem go away?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 10 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Message 11 of 14
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous Your day is not saved yet..

All that does is indicates the problem is with the current graphics card/driver you are using..

Software graphics WILL typically cause a decrease in performance and is really only intended as a diagnostic tool..

Now you need to find the proper driver or update your graphics card to one that is suitable for Inventor unless you are ok with decreased graphics performance..

Please let us know the graphics card/driver you are currently using if you want help/suggestions there..

In general I've always just used the latest driver from the card manufacturers site and had no problems.. But I always have a good/fairly up to date,etc... graphics card in my machines an not just use the one that comes on the motherboard or a cheap one really intended for just normal office computers..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

Hi 

Please see attached Pictures.

Capture.PNGCapture 2.PNG

Thank

Message 13 of 14
mcgyvr

@Anonymous

Your driver is out of date..

Try this..

Version 391.01 - WHQL
Release Date Mon Feb 26, 2018
Operating System Windows 10 64-bit
Language English (US)
File Size

433.57 MB

Message 14 of 14
Anonymous

ok I try it.

Thanks so much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report