Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set a Starting Point for or Reposition an Appearance

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
petestrycharske
680 Views, 9 Replies

Set a Starting Point for or Reposition an Appearance

All,

Good morning!  I've been working with Appearances in Inventor and for some reason cannot get the tiled appearance pattern to reposition at the bottom left corner, like I would do with a hatch pattern in AutoCAD.  I've read about how to do so in this article, but I don't seem to be able to get the glyphs for repositioning the image to work properly.  Please see the attached Screencast for a more detailed explanation of what I'm looking at and an example part with one of the tile patterns we're looking at for our bathroom.  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Hi Peter,

Could you post Merola_Tile.png? It seems to be a custom pattern, which is not available in Texture folder.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 10

Johnson,

My apologies, it is a custom image and here you go.  Thanks for taking a look and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 4 of 10

Johnson,

Good afternoon!  I just wanted to check in and see if my question makes sense?  Please let me know if you need anything else from me.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed night!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Message 5 of 10

Hi Pete,

As you have found out, indeed this workflow does not work. It was not fully implemented unfortunately. There are indeed inconsistencies among Autodesk products in this regard even after the appearance library has been unified. I will work with project team to understand this issue better. But, I don't think it will be a quick fix.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 10

Johnson,

Good morning!  Thanks for confirming the issue, at least I know I'm not going crazy!  I'll look in the Inventor Ideas, as I've got some other ideas on what I'd like to see with appearances anyway.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Message 7 of 10

Hi Pete,

I have discussed this issue with the project team. The request is legitimate but we have not heard a lot of customers asking for it. Do you mind posting an idea on Inventor Ideas forum?

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: petestrycharske

I'm asking for it too.

Message 9 of 10
petestrycharske
in reply to: Anonymous

Looks like someone beat me to creating the idea.  Below is the link, please give it an upvote!

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/appearance-tiling/idc-p/10085280#M41414 

Just a guy on a couch...

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: petestrycharske

I recently had the same issue. I ended up just using a decal that was the correct size for the face. It would be great if the appearance worked correctly though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report