Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selected Model state does not show in IDW-Inventor 2023 latest rev

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gcross
316 Views, 2 Replies

Selected Model state does not show in IDW-Inventor 2023 latest rev

I have a relatively complex model assembly with 3 model states & I am having difficulty getting the drawing views to show each Model State (each model state is shown on 6x separate drawing).

The model states work pretty well in the IAM. Sometimes I have to tug on parts in the IAM to get the locating constraints to kick in as one becomes suppressed & another un-suppressed.

The model has two sizes (either 22" or 30") each of 4x, 8x or 12x qty of same arms per assembly & a correspondingly lengthening center stem part all controlled by Model States. The problem is the drawing now only shows 4x arms even when the 8x or 12x Model states are selected.

Initially each Model State showed fine in each drawing. Later, while editing the files, the IDW views do not show the un-suppressed parts for each model state even though the IAM looks fine. The views would show the smallest qty of model state controlled parts despite which model state is selected.

I'm also using View Reps to control the arm size at first. When I had problem with arms not showing up in the drawing views I used View Reps to control visibility of arms are to be visible.

I've tried deselecting the associativity in the Edit View dialog box & re-selecting it - no luck.

I'm at my wits end trying to complete drawings for my client.

BTW-I can't show the assembly publicly due to NDA.

Any help would be appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gcross
in reply to: gcross

I figured out the problem soon after posting...

My use of View Reps was interfering with the Model States. What I ended up doing to solve the issue was creating a Model State for every version of arm size + arm qty (6 total). So now I have the following Model States:

22IN-4 Arm

22IN 8 Arm

22IN 12 Arm

30IN-4 Arm

30IN-8 Arm

30IN-12 Arm

I let Model States handle all the part visibility.

I just needed to delete all the previous View Reps & made one View rep that controlled the appearance I applied to the parts & the viewing angle.

I still have issues when changing Model States with the suppression & un-suppression of constraints causing parts to stick in place. I go into the assembly model & tug on the offending parts a little & they snap into correct constrained position. I do get errors on Model States suppressed constraints that I don't know how to fix.

One impossible thing at a time...

We'll see if this holds up. So far the drawings are all working once I switched to the new View Rep & Model States.

Message 3 of 3
EdvinTailwind
in reply to: gcross

This will not help much, but I can say that I too have had issues with this, but on Part level, that have both Model States and View States. Just like you, I ended up with deleting the View States. They don't seem to get along too well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report