Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section views not coming across in AutoCAD from Inventor

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Yashasvi23481
1694 Views, 7 Replies

Section views not coming across in AutoCAD from Inventor

Hi All,

I need a quick solution. I want to carry section view from Inventor to AutoCAD to measure distances at different positions. I have tried export to , it results in zip file and says file is unsupported. Then I tried to convert to dxf and save as autoCAD still section view doesn't come along. Finally, I saved as AutoCAD drawing thinking dxf may not pick up section view. 

My query is can I copy view from Inventor and paste in AutoCAD so I can just copy section view don't have to convert to AutoCAD drawing or dxf. Alternatively, can I copy blocks from AutoCAD and save as inventor sketches ? Is there a way to bring over cross section view from Inventor to AutoCAD ? I am getting just main view. 

Regards,

yash

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Xun.Zhang
in reply to: Yashasvi23481

Hello Yash,

Regard to AutoCAG DWG to Inventor, there are many ways, in most recently, new DWG Underlay technology is a way to transfer, the other two more like insert DWG to 2D sketch (support copy paste in 2D Sketch) or import DWG to part or Drawing. Can either of them serve you?

Regard to export to AutoCAD DWG, please try to export drawing to AutoCAD DWG. 

Hope it helps!

Xun
Message 3 of 8
Yashasvi23481
in reply to: Xun.Zhang

Hi Xun,

Thanks for quick response. I tried exporting Inventor drawing to AutoCAD drawing but only main view comes across. section view is not shown. I tried zoom to fit to see all but no success. What I have tried though, is under home tab under base view got the file from Inventor and created views just like I did in Inventor but its on layout, I want to do in model space. Can I copy view from AutoCAD layout to AutoCAD model space?  

I am doing all my work in model space. Usually you create views from model to paper space or layouts with viewport. How do we go other way round ? See attachment. view on left is what I want to carry over to model space. I cant copy and paste for some reason. 

Regards,

Yash

Message 4 of 8
Xun.Zhang

Hi Yash,

Talk is cheap, please show me the Inventor drawing data.

Thanks!

Xun
Message 5 of 8
Yashasvi23481

Hi Xun,

I am attaching both dwg and inventor file. as you can see the section view hasn't come across. 

Regards,

Yash

Message 6 of 8
Xun.Zhang

Hi Yash,

Strange, everything is well in my side. 

Refer to the attachement.

Xun
Message 7 of 8
Yashasvi23481

Hi Xun,

Thank you so much. What are the steps you took to achieve it ? Thanks for sending solution file. I have updated the model with minor height changes so need to re do it as it doesn't reflect the current state. Could you do a screencast to show the process.

Thanks Regards,

Yash

Message 8 of 8
Xun.Zhang

Hi Yash,

There is nothing special in my end and just follow the basic principles to export to AutoCAD DWG.

Video link - https://autode.sk/2LT8aGo

Hope it helps!

Xun

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report