Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same assembly different parameter

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mk92
361 Views, 7 Replies

Same assembly different parameter

Hello,

is there a way to have the same assembly with different dimensions and parameters in an assembly? Like its possible with iParts.

Regards

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CCarreiras
in reply to: mk92

Hi!

Yes, it's possible with iAssemblys or with iLogic, deppends what you want to achieve.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
mk92
in reply to: CCarreiras

Thanks for your fast reply. I will read a bit about iAssemblys.

How is it possible with iLogic?
Message 4 of 8
CCarreiras

Making a parametric modelbased in rules and link parameters between parts, etc etc etc...

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
mk92

But when i link the parameters all the assemblys will be the same. If i change the lenght, the lenght of all same assemblys in my assembly will be changed.
Message 6 of 8
CCarreiras

Hi!!

Not true... you can have multivalue parameters,text parameters, boolean parameters... and lots of rules to apply.

It will go a lot further then iAssembly, but for  some cases, iAssembly is  enought... again, deppends!!!

Tell us what you really wanna do and we will help you.... talking about scenarios without knowing the objective... is just a boring theoretical conversation...

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
mk92

Alright.

I have some assemblies with welded railings. These railings are variable (hight, lenght,...) And i need to build a assembly where i have a lot of these railings in it. In this master assembly is for excample 10 times "Railing_1" but in 8 different lenght and hight!
And i dont want to have 8 extra assemblies for the different dimensions.

I hope this helps 🙂
Message 8 of 8
CCarreiras

Hi!

Ok, so you have to create a parametric model to have the possibility to generate new different assemblys, changing parameters in the parametric model.

You can have infinite possibilities!!

So it will work like, open the parametric model, change parameters, create a assembly version and place it inside Master assembly.

Be aware, new assemblys, some different parts (in size at least), therefore new part numbers, It's possible to do that automatically with some code, but you can also use some tools to do that, like iLogic copy, design assistant, etc.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report