Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roll Up components on path

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
holden_marshall
348 Views, 6 Replies

Roll Up components on path

Hello,

I am trying to show several components rolling up around a tube and unrolling without intervening with each other. Are there any suggestions for accomplishing this?  A similar concept is having an air hose wrap around the reel and then getting pulled off the reel. If someone could help with this I would greatly appreciate it. 

Labels (4)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: holden_marshall

@holden_marshall 

Attach your assembly here.

Have you used Animate Parameter in previous designs?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 7

I have not used animate parameters in previous designs. Could you point me to a link that demonstrates this? Unfortunately, due to company policies I cannot send the assembly. 

Message 4 of 7
holden_marshall
in reply to: JDMather

@JDMather I have not used animate parameters in previous designs. Could you point me to a link that demonstrates this? Unfortunately, due to company policies, I cannot send the assembly. The best example I guess would be a garage door coiling at the top when rolled up. 

Message 5 of 7
holden_marshall
in reply to: JDMather

@JDMather here is a rough assembly of what  I am trying to do if I can get help rolling this up and unrolling it I can complete the rest of my design.

Message 6 of 7
SBix26

Something like this?

This is an Inventor Studio animation of a single part file with three solid bodies, unroll position controlled by one parameter.  This could presumably be done in an assembly, but I haven't tried it.

Sam B

Inventor Pro 2024.1.1 | Windows 10 Home 22H2
autodesk-expert-elite-member-logo-1line-rgb-black.png

Message 7 of 7
JDMather

@holden_marshall 

An assembly without parts is useless.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report