Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right click stops working only in inventor.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mlynch5ZCFL
367 Views, 6 Replies

Right click stops working only in inventor.

Recently I have been running into a frustrating issue where my right click will just stop. Right before it happens, I get an error message "Serious error: The system cannot find the file specified."

I then am forced to restart Inventor and everything works again for a while... then we repeat. Right click functions normally for all other applications and windows.

This is Inventor Professional 2022, build 521, Release 2022.5.2

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
spencer
in reply to: mlynch5ZCFL

It's likely the importing issue, happens after importing a file but before saving it.

Something Inventor does in the background looks for the filename of parts you right click, but on an imported file it won't exist until you hit 'Save'. I wouldn't be surprised if there might be some other ways to trigger it, but that's the easiest way.

The solution is to get in a habit of hitting save immediately after importing new parts.

Message 3 of 7
mlynch5ZCFL

Good to know,

I'll see if I can trigger it.

This happens for sure on an assembly where I am importing parts, but haven't noticed if I have any unsaved imports. I do notice it happens when I am right clicking a constraint to edit or delete it out of the tree.

Message 4 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi! Please make sure all critical Windows updates are installed and the graphics driver is updated. Go to Windows Display settings and select the recommended resolution and scale. Right-click on Inventor desktop icon -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Change High DPI settings -> check both boxes. Restart the machine.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 7
mlynch5ZCFL
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Followed your directions, windows and drivers are up to date, and checked the high DPI settings. I just had the right click fail again. Sure enough, it was when I had an imported body that I had not saved immediately.

While avoidable, losing right click is a pretty irritating bug.

Message 6 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi! Here are a few old threads talking about a similar issue, reported as INVGEN-63342.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/rmb-right-mouse-button-not-working/td-p/11326080

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/inventor-2019-right-click-issue/td-p/8296976/page/3

The latest status shows that it has been fixed on 2023.2 and 2024. I am requesting the fix to be ported to Inventor 2022.5.x update.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 7
jyager

Updating Inventor stresses m the F out.

That's my message for the day.

Jason Yager
Inventor Professional 2025.0.1
Windows 10 Pro 21H2
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900X CPU @ 3.70GHz
32GB RAM
AMD Radeon Pro WX 3200 Series
3D Connexion SpaceMouse Pro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report