Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Imports Unresolved

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Share1at35
472 Views, 7 Replies

Revit Imports Unresolved

Hello All,

Part of my job involves importing Revit models from clients so we can use them as a reference.

The problem is every time a model with more than 1 Revit import is opened, it will throw and error that it has resolved one of the imports to an import of exactly the same name.

The error says (parts not actually stated in the error is in brackets):

"(Assembly file path).iam has reference to (assembly file path)*LocalDocs*xAaaaau*(Import file name).iam. 

It has been resolved to (assembly file path)*LocalDocs*xAaaaau*(Import file name).iam. (This being the same file path as what was originally referenced)

which is not the same file as originally referenced. Most likely, all of the cross document relationships will fail to connect! Do you really want to use the resolved document?" 

And the message has the options Yes, No and Prompts.

Basically it says "it is the same file, but it isn't the same file, capisce?"

The problem is that if you press Yes, the assembly opens as normal and you instantly notice that the 'resolved' file has been completely replaced by another import, an import that is already imported. So I have to press No, which it then warns that "Inventor works with unresolved files", find the unresolved import, delete it and re-import it.

When the model is saved and closed, no issues arise. When reopened, same issue again, this time for a different Revit import.

The revit imports are large, however we try to improve performance as much as possible by hiding elements we don't need. Also, the Revit models have not been changed in the time the Inventor model is closed.

I don't think the main assembly is corrupted, as it can be referenced to other areas and saved without any issues whatsoever.

Not sure if it is a Revit Worksharing issue, because these models have been supplied to us as workshared. The issue still occurs if the Revit model has been detached and the worksets deleted. I've even gone and deleted all the revit model's linked models, so it has no missing links. Whatever I do, the issue still persists.
The issue never arises when there is only one revit import in the assembly, it only comes up when there is two or more.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Share1at35

Hi! The behavior does not sound right to me. There could be some sort of corruption. If you import the Revit file to a new Inventor file, does it still happen? Have you reported to Autodesk Product Support? If not, please report it to the support team.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 8
James_Willo

Hi, does it make a difference if the RVT files are in the Inventor workspace location?
Is the file being replaced by one with the same name or a completely different name?

I know that if I import any type of file, if they have the same name it will import the same data for both even if I chose multibody for one and assembly for another. 

James W
Inventor UX Designer
Message 4 of 8

Hello James,
The RVT files are already in the inventor workspace,
and the file is replaced by one of completely different name.
Message 5 of 8

Hello Johnson,
We've imported both Revit files into a new assembly file, and the issue appears non-existent!
From this, I guess the issue is hidden in the original Inventor assembly itself...

If you're wondering who I am, I work in the same company of the one who posted the original message....
Message 6 of 8
Share1at35
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hello Johnson,
We thought it was gone for a moment, and jumped to conclusions...
The two Revit imports in the same assembly worked when there was nothing else in the assembly. We've placed a new part alongside these imports, and the issue has resurfaced.
Message 7 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi! I think we will have to see a reproducible case. Are Inventor and Revit files stored on a shared network drive or a cloud drive?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 8
James_Willo

Also I just wondered if you had logged this with customer support? Do you have a case number for me so I can track it internally and get it more visibility?

Thank you

James W
Inventor UX Designer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report