Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve model annotation

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
1525 Views, 11 Replies

Retrieve model annotation

Retrieve model annotation not working individual part drawing in weldment preparation. Ref. attachment.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Sergio.D.Suárez
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, I apologize for not fully interpreting what you need.
Could you give us a little more detail of what you are trying to do?

Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.

I am attaching my Upwork profile for specific queries.

Sergio Daniel Suarez
Mechanical Designer

| Upwork Profile | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 12
Cadmanto

Are you talking about retrieving the dimensions from your model into your drawing?

What are the steps you are doing and where exactly is it failing?

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2018

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 12
johnsonshiue

Hi! It should work. Please share an example exhibiting the behavior here.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

yes we are on the same page. I'm trying to get the model dimension using retrieve model annotation from idw. The assembly was a weldment. I'm detailed that part using base view - model state - preparation directly from the weldment assembly. While I'm trying to retrieve the model, dimension not selectable.Annotation 2019-04-04 161117.jpgAnnotation 2019-04-04 161155.jpgAnnotation 2019-04-04 161311.jpg

Message 6 of 12
johnsonshiue

Hi! I tried the workflow but it does seem broke. I need to work with the project team to understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 12
Martin.Tomko

Hi,

according to the last picture it seems, that Select Dimension Source button, from Retrieve Model Annotation dialog,  is still active. Because of this, are Ok/Apply buttons disabled and dimensions cannot be selected. Disable this button firstly, and then try to select dimensions. 

Regards,

Martin

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Martin.Tomko

Yes it is working. Thank you.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Martin.Tomko

Hello,

Needing to unselect the select source button in order to continue is very unintuitive, nor does it match how Inventor typically works (selecting things then pressing okay). Is there a way this could be changed?

Message 10 of 12
DI3P0SEDS26UB

When retrieving model annotations in a drawing (Inventor 2019), some of the annotations (in my case, dimensions) do not appear. Have attempted to update the drawing. Dimensions still do not appear.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Message 11 of 12

Hi! The only logical explanation is that the sketch is parallel to the view direction. Otherwise, it sounds like a bug to me. If possible, please share an example (zipped) here so forum experts can take a look.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 12 of 12

Thx 4 your reply. Have lost the file in question, will be creating the design again. If I'm still having a problem, will send the file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report