Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Render Software

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
Anonymous
2066 Views, 24 Replies

Render Software

Are there a Autodesk render software substitute for autodesk showcase? i want to render my model created from inventor 2018

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! Have you tried using Inventor Studio or Inventor Presentation environment?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 25
Neil_Cross

That was the polite corporate answer Smiley Very Happy

The proper answer is no, there is no substitute for Showcase.  Inventor can replace showcase in that yes Inventor can create a render... in the same way that sitting in a shopping trolley and free rolling down a hill is a replacement for a car for your transport needs.

Inventor can't real time render on the GPU, Inventor doesn't... well, Inventor can't do almost anything that was unique to Showcase.  VRED is the closest match in the Autodesk portfolio but that isn't financially viable for most people/businesses.

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: Neil_Cross

Hi! Neil_Cross thanks for sharing that information that explain why the GPU load is under 5% when i'm rendering in inventor, i did try downloading the vred trial and currently playing but i feels like a bit of a hell hard to learn, UI is not like a user friendly like in the showcase.

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi! 

I use inventor presentation but its is lacking the ability to render the animation i created that is why i use showcase for animation but since i am using 2018 i cannot open in showcase.

For the inventor studio I did try and it has the ability to render animation but i have a little problem because there are thing i cannot do but maybe because i do not know how to use the full capability. I need to learn using the inventor studio since i do not have any option so who knows maybe a week or another week i could utilize it full capability.

Message 6 of 25
Neil_Cross

Inventor doesn't throw much through the GPU pipeline, it mostly computes what you see on the CPU and the GPU is used to throw that at the display... and because 3D CAD isn't visually very busy, the GPU never has much to do.  All the rendering modules in Inventor are ray traced which again is 100% CPU bound.

If you want to learn more about Inventor Studio, I did this which is 2 years old but still valid for today:

I've had a recent request in to do a video on how to animate movement in Inventor Studio so I'm working on that for a near future new video.  Get subbed if you want to stick around for when that comes out Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous

Hi 

Message 8 of 25
Neil_Cross

Thanks for the sub Smiley Happy

Yep that's me, I've got two courses on there now and a Vault Pro course about to go live in the next week or so.  

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous

OK thank you for the conversationSmiley Wink

Message 10 of 25
kelly.young

@Anonymous it sounds like you have the knowledge of Inventor and assemblies but might need a bit of help with the studio environment. What kind of animation characteristics are you to trying to accomplish? Gears, assembly, explosion, rotation? In a general explanation making component constraints and dimension parameters "Key" and then importing them in the Studio environment under Parameter Favorites and then Animate Parameters, driving them will give you the same results as the presentation environment, just takes a bit of work. If you peruse @Neil_Cross stuff you will come across some good animation techniques, especially his "delicious" gears. If you have files to share someone might be able to give you a good start.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: kelly.young

Hi, 

Message 12 of 25
kelly.young

Yeah... Inventor isn't really the medium to which that would be best suited. I would recommend a tertiary product like 3ds Max. This is a bit beyond the scope of what Inventor is intended for. Hypothetically you could animate a light source to traverse the model if you started underneath a custom part set as the ground and as it came into view around the edge of the ground it would raise up and over. If you attempt it I would be interested to see how it turns out!

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: kelly.young

Thanks Kelly ill try to spare a time learning inventor studio, because currently i'm trying the VRED Free trial

Message 14 of 25
Anonymous

After a 2 weeks of playing on the Inventor Studio the result was very dis appointing i've created set-up my work almost 75% completed to pressing the render button with just changing the background scene, moving component and many others the inventor studio crashed with in the two week i never completed a rendered model, At first i was happy because the deeper i learn the inventor studio i was amazed of how powerfull it is but the deeper i learn the inventor studio become unstable and full of crashed

Message 15 of 25
Neil_Cross

Probably a co-incidence, but I released this last night all about Inventor Studio... 

Message 16 of 25
Anonymous

Hi Neil, 

After watching your video, i can say that im not the only one having a problem about changing scene Ahhh! im frustrated

Message 17 of 25
admaiora

Showcase was a great software and at the moment there is not a similar alternative in Autodesk.

In Showcase you can:

- manage very big assemblies

- obtain good visual quality in a very short time, for static renders and for animation (i can realize and render with a global good material, light, shadow, etc,  15 min video in less of 30 mins work.

-in a very intuitive way, move, rotate, scale a model, position a key, move cameras, with a very few commands and a very quick learning curve

-  open a large ammount of files formats

- do very impressive things without being a genius in the multimedia field.

I can't do these things with the same high rate quality-simplicity/time  in AutoCAD, neither in Inventor Studio, neither in Fusion 360, neither in v Red, neither in 3ds Max or Maya.

Mechanical designers/engineers want this:

-great visual results without having to learn complicated programs

- create, even long, videos in an easy way even of big assemblies in a very short ammount of time

-use softwares that are perfectly in tune with the main 3d mechanical programs (es. Inventor)

Showcase did this.

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: admaiora

Yeah that's all the thing i wanted but i could not do anything since Showcase cannot open inventor 2018 model so i'm stuck on how to get the job done without showcase, i'm frustratedSmiley Sad

Message 19 of 25
admaiora

Hi Marlon,

have you tried to export in step format then import it in Showcase?

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 20 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: admaiora

Hi

sometimes when have a no choice. the reason i don't want to export in step is i want the linked not to be broken.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report