Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing part number from the family table (INVENTOR 2016)

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
718 Views, 13 Replies

Removing part number from the family table (INVENTOR 2016)

Is it possible to remove the 'Part Number [project]' column from the family table?

I just found out that whenever you insert a part in an assembly, the properties get filled in by these steps:

1. family table

2. iLogic form the part

3. family table

I don't get why it fills in the properties from the family table at the end as well..

I would need to add event triggers to generate my properties from the iLogic. This makes assemblies a lot bigger.

Being able to delete the 'part number' column would fix this..

Is there any way around this?

(I need an iLogic rule to generate my part number since it's depending on other parameters)

2019-08-13 11_53_17-Family Table_FAMILY NAME.png

Tags (1)
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

That column is unable to be removed because its part of the template parameter mapping information and is needed because its part of the template parameter requirements.

However many users have CC and ilogic and I don't believe I remember anyone stating an issue about part num or I'm not following your workflow..

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 14
Cosmin_V

Hello tom.marissensLLBLH

This rule will control your  "PartNumber"

iProperties.Value("Project", "Part Number")= "number you wish"

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Cosmin_V

Hey, thank you for your reply.

I know how to name a part number trough the iLogic. My problem is that it gets overwritten by info from the family table. And I would need multiple event triggers to then trigger my rules after my part is in my assembly.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hey, thank you for the reply.

In almost every situation it's possible to generate your part number trough the family table.

But in some cases I want to add a "0" when the length of my part is lower then 1000.

As for as I know this is only possible trough iLogic.

Message 6 of 14
Cosmin_V

Then write a rule….

If "my part is" <1000 Then

iProperties.Value("Project", "Part Number")= "0"

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Cosmin_V

You don't understand my problem here.

I dont' have any problems working with the iLogic. My problem is that IF the paremeter you are defining in your iLogic is in the family table, the family table wil overwrite whatever  your rule in the iLogic does.

- One way of fixing this is adding an event trigger when saving the document => works slower when saving or may even crash a large assembly.

- Deleting the 'part number' column in the family table so it doesn't overwrite my iLogic

Message 8 of 14
blandb

Can you just remove the values in the part number column, or just remove the mapping property of part number and let your rule fill out what you want it to be?

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: blandb

Hey, thanks for your reply.

Removing the value doesn't work.

I'm not familiar with mapping properties and can't seem to find it easily either.

Can you explain me how I can do this please?

Message 10 of 14
blandb

In CC Editor, Edit the family table > Right Click on Part Number Column Header > Column Properties > At the bottom you will see "Map to Inventor Property" and just make that blank. If you have a formula for concatenated values for part number, you can also remove it there in the expression field, where you can make the cells blank as well. 

Hope that Helps.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous

Tested this out and it seems to work for now.

Thank you for the help!

Message 12 of 14
or.mokhtar

Is There a method to do this steps via Code either VBA or VB.NET

Message 13 of 14
blandb
in reply to: or.mokhtar

You could add an ilogic rule to do this. Place an instance as custom, add the rule to blank out the part number, set desired triggers, save the file, then replace family template with that instance.

Message 14 of 14
or.mokhtar

that's great, thanks 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report