Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove material from one object using another

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
odmik5187
158 Views, 3 Replies

Remove material from one object using another

I am making a chest with parts i got from a teacher and i need to put them together into a chest. The sidewalls in the chest have nudges that goes into the front and back walls that cause z-fighting. We are not allowed to edit the objects themselves but so how can i "remove" material from the front and back panel to make them fit together?

odmik5187_1-1724663423197.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mluterman
in reply to: odmik5187

Use Derive command at the .ipt level.

Watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SZ6icg28Kk

This video shows one of the methods used to create a negative or cavity from a product into a part for 3D printing of a fixture or end of arm tooling (EOAT) for part handling. The process is called derived part in Autodesk Inventor. This is just a quick overview and not intended to be a ...
Message 3 of 4
blandb

You can choose to Copy objects as well. If you edit the front or back panel in-context of the assembly, then choose the drop down of the Modify Panel > Copy Object, you can bring the side panel in as a surface. Then use that surface as a sculpt-cut. If you keep associativity on, it will continue to work until the design is done. Then you can turn the adaptivity off. Just another option.

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 4 of 4
odmik5187

I figured it out thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report