Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redefining planes

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Mario.VanWiechen
218 Views, 4 Replies

Redefining planes

I just lost a plane reference and now the plane needs to be redefined.

It was a simple " Offset from PLane " but I have never found a way to redefine a plane that loses its reference. 

I always end up creating a new plane that causes issues down the line.

Anyone been able to make this work?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi

It depends on how the working plane was created. Find the item in your browser; right click and look for Redefine.

Kacper Suchomski

EESignature

YouTube - Inventor tutorials | WWW | LinkedIn | Instagram

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 5

@kacper.suchomski wrote:

Hi

It depends on how the working plane was created. Find the item in your browser; right click and look for Redefine.

I have found the " redefine " many times but Inventor does not seem to remember how the plane was created.

As I posted it was a basic " Offset From Plane "  but redefine does not give those options

Oh well another Inventor "thing" to deal with. Just create a new plane and live with the results

Message 4 of 5

Hi Mario,

It is true when a grounded workplane or an adaptive workplane (or missing reference) is redefined, the source geometry will not be highlighted.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 5
n_bonvin
in reply to: Mario.VanWiechen

like you and found this solution, maybe it helps. Actually you just have to drag from the new plane you want to offset and it opens the distance command box ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwTbcb_6Zys

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report