Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Readme files for updates

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
SharkDesign
608 Views, 7 Replies

Readme files for updates

When there's an update, such as 2018.2.3, in the readme it has a section entitled "Summary of Known Issues."

Is this issues that have been fixed in the patch, or issues that still exist in the patch? The wording isn't clear as there is no section actually telling you what has been fixed. 

Expert Elite
  Inventor Certified Professional
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

@SharkDesign

I just reviewed the 2018.2.3 update readme and there's nothing in there about known issues.  However as far as I know that section indicates those are the known issues with the update.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/sites/default/files/file_downloads/Inventor_2018.2_Update_ENU.htm

This wording below as is tells me these are still things that are not fixed.. or problems that have arisen because of this update that aren't fixed yet..

So this is things/problems that may occur if you install that update.. 

Known Issues in New Features

The following issues have been identified, in the new features delivered in the corresponding Update, through validation and customer testing. These Issues are being investigated for resolution in a future update or release:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 8
SharkDesign
in reply to: mcgyvr

Sorry, it might have helped if I'd actually posted the page I was talking about, but generally on most update notes. 

https://up.autodesk.com/2018/INVNTOR/autodesk_inventor_2018_readme_enu.htm

Expert Elite
Message 5 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: SharkDesign

@SharkDesign wrote:

Sorry, it might have helped if I'd actually posted the page I was talking about, but generally on most update notes. 

https://up.autodesk.com/2018/INVNTOR/autodesk_inventor_2018_readme_enu.htm

As worded I would assume those are issues that you may encounter when using that version of the software.. not a list of issues that have been fixed but a list of known problems you may encounter when using that version..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 8
SharkDesign
in reply to: mcgyvr

I thought that, but there was no section telling you what they'd actually fixed which is what I was expecting. 

Expert Elite
Message 7 of 8
-niels-
in reply to: SharkDesign

I think that's the readme for "vanilla" 2018, the readme for 2018.2.3 has a list of fixes:
https://up.autodesk.com/2018/INVNTOR/Inventor_2018.2.3_Update_ENU.htm

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 8 of 8
SharkDesign
in reply to: -niels-

Oh yeah, that's different from what I'm used to seeing!

The original one I posted is from march. It's so confusing, the autodesk manager shows that as the current update, but if I specifically click Ipro on the left it gives me 2.3 update. 

Expert Elite

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report