Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Sketch Blocks" in Vault

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
637 Views, 3 Replies

"Sketch Blocks" in Vault

Every day I use a number of sketch blocks to created sheet metal parts. When I check these parts into Vault I would like to be able to search where that sketch block was used over time. My sketch block is named, "LIGHT SHROUD". Is there a way to search Vault for a sketch block use?

Thank you for any help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

Hi.... I'm not certain about sketch blocks, but I tried this with an AutoCAD block and it worked, so... what can it hurt?  In Vault Project Explorer, use ctrl-F or go to Tools\Find.  On the Basic Tab put in your block name.  I put a star on both sides just to catch anything close as well, like *LIGHT SHROUD*.  On the advanced tab, you can add criteria to narrow the results.  Try Property "File Extesions", Condition "is", and type ipt in the value.  Not .ipt, just ipt.  Hit add to add the search criteria, and then hit Find Now.  Hopefully that works.  I don't use sketch blocks, so I can't test it out.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! I don't believe Vault can do that at the moment. Finding sketch blocks is not much different than finding a feature within a part. This is a CAD function, which is not a PDM function.

If you are Inventor API savvy, you might be able to write an iLogic rule or VB.net code to do that.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report