Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2020/21 Frame Gen. Selection Points backwards when using "Flip Ends"

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
CamperUnhappy
432 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor 2020/21 Frame Gen. Selection Points backwards when using "Flip Ends"

With the new "on part" position selection circles that were added in 2020 for frame generator, when using the "flip ends" functionality, only the part seems to flip, but the selection circles don't match. When selecting an inner corner, the outer corner gets selected and vice versa.  

I can't imagine this behaviour is intended, but it's confusing to the user.  We shouldn't have to remember if a part was flipped or not.  When I select a point on the screen that I want the frame member to be set on....it should move to that point.  Everything works as intended when not using "flip ends" but once you do so, the part becomes mirrored but the selection points don't match the selection behaviour.

Also, while we're on the topic.  A few more issues with the new functionality (which is still very welcomed, btw).  When you're zoomed out a decent amount, it's impossible to select an alignment dot if it overlaps with a "rotation" or "move" arrow used for shifting or rotating frame members.  In order to select a point, I basically have to zoom way in until the arrows and dots no longer overlap.

Another point on this is when using the "Select Other" window, hovering over a selection dot, you get "Custom Graphics".    This seems a little unfinished and a little unpolished.  Should this not indicate what I'm hovering over rather than just "custom graphics".  I've noticed this in a number of places in the software.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jan_priban
in reply to: CamperUnhappy

Hello,

thank you for detailed description and your opinion. My pleasure to inform you fix will be available in upcoming Inventor update.

Regards

Jan Priban

Message 3 of 7
CamperUnhappy
in reply to: jan_priban

@jan_priban   That's great to hear!  Thank you.

Message 4 of 7
CamperUnhappy
in reply to: jan_priban

@jan_priban 

I downloaded and installed the latest update for 2021 this morning (2021.0.1) and it's still behaving exactly the way I described in my initial post.  It's still broken.

When you Flip a frame member, the alignment of the part STILL does not coincide with the selectioned locator point.  Observe the screencast I just took that demonstrates what happened when I tried to flip a c-channel in my frame because it would work better the other way.

Message 5 of 7

I'm working with this flip tool a lot today.......and when you combine it with a trim or a miter, it makes it basically impossible to get a part oriented the way I want when trying to re-use a profile.  I'm so incredibly frustrated with how this tool behaves it's not even funny.  I would rather go back to the 2019 dialog.

How do I un-accept a post as a solution, because this problem is not solved as I was told.

Message 6 of 7

Another example of how broken this is.

Message 7 of 7
jan_priban
in reply to: CamperUnhappy

Hello,

Sorry for misunderstanding. Fix is not part of this "double dot" update. 

Regards

Jan Priban

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report