Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Enhanced Accuracy" in Modal Analysis

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
617 Views, 6 Replies

"Enhanced Accuracy" in Modal Analysis

Dear members,

What's the "Enhanced Accuracy" in Modal Analysis of Inventor Professional 2018. Check this item and run a modal analysis, modal frequencies change a little.
I read the help for this check box, but I'd like to know more detail of this function.

Regards,
Akihiro Matsuda

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mikegreslick6607
in reply to: Anonymous

As you probably found out in the knowledge network, this feature increases the accuracy of the frequency values by an order of magnitude of 10.  I think that this is achieved by decreasing the average element size.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: mikegreslick6607

Thanks @mikegreslick6607,

I check the both average element sizes. There are no difference.
In particular, I don't understand "by an order of magnitude of 10" in the help (or AKN) sentence.

What's 'magnitude of 10'?

Regards,
Akihiro Matsuda

Message 4 of 7
Xun.Zhang

Hi Akihiro,

I assume you are talking about "Simulation" options. As you know, CAD and CAE are different, CAD is fully-accuracy but CAE not. Why? CAE more like to create small pieces of mesh and try to analysis with a math solver. The accuracy of mesh creation is very important for solver, more meshes could produce more accuracy result from solver but time cost even more. 

So, when check ON the option, it become slowly but the meshes is 10-times increase. The solver is the same so I assume the result should be better.

Hope it helps!

Xun
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Xun.Zhang

Thanks @Anonymous,

I understood that, when the option check on, the number of meshes (elements) automatically increase 10 times.

Is there a way to check the number of increased meshes?

Akihiro

Message 6 of 7
Xun.Zhang

Hi Akihiro,

Sorry, I don't think there is a way to check the accuracy number of mesh since it's automatically hidden.

Thanks

Xun
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Xun.Zhang

Hi Xun,

Thank you very much for your quick reply!

Best regards,

Akihiro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report